Thread: New and wet behind the ears!

New and wet behind the ears!

Hello all!

As suggested in the Topic Title I have no programming experience at all. I have been using only batch scripts previously and before taking the Powershell route, I thought I'd give thinBasic a try.

I don't study all then apply, I'm more of a dabbler, if I need to do something I learn as I go. So prepare for a lot of basic questions, although I have no idea how much or little I'll need thinBasic as opposed to my usual batch scripts.

Re: New and wet behind the ears!

Welcome welcome,

you can do lot of things with ThinBasic, requiring different level of knowledge.
    You can start with simple scripts using "console" and "file" module to get the language basics and then try to learn other modules as well.

It all depends on what you want to do.

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

thinBasic can do a lot, so it is confusing as to where you can start.

Since you came from the batch file world.

I would play with the console applications at the moment. Then you can move onto windows graphical applications and even 2d and 3d stuff if interested even later.

Look in the Sample Scripts folder to see many different application using the module that the folder name usually seems to match.

Ask questions as the forums are full of all nice guys and love to help and welcome aboard!
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Hi Big Jon and welcome here in this little place. Feel free to ask, If I can answer,then I will do it.