Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ThinBasic Journal, Issue 1

ThinBasic Journal, Issue 1

First issue of ThinBasic Journal, hope you will like it
    Contributors in this issue are Psch and Charles Pegge.

Reason we did not asked more people to contribute to first issue is not that we would not like to see their articles here, but we simply wanted to make first issue as surprise for as many friends as possible

Contents of this issue:
    New in core
    • TYPE inheritance
    • UNIONs for memory overlapping
    • Multidimensional arrays in UDTs
    • Power of FOR / NEXT

New in modules
    • New features in Asmosphere

Articles
    • NeHe rebirth and ThinBasic
    • Legacy BASIC code and ThinBasic

Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Re: ThinBasic Journal, Issue 1

This is one of the best present I've ever received in my programming life. I'm crying :'(

Thanks a lot to all have contributed to realize this Journal.

Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

You know, I've been looking at ThinBasic and this forum for a while now seeing how it's all evolving, the passion behind every part of the project and I've been saying to myself, man, ThinBasic is so due for it's own e-zine/magazine/something that reflects all that passion to the outside world even more than can be shown from the project itself and what people can read about when they come here. We tried to do that in PCOPY! but not being in the ThinBasic Game from the start we couldn't reflect this combination of passion, dedication, motivation and excellent results as good as can be read in this forum. And consequently, the better articles about ThinBasic in PCOPY! was (as I expected) the ones written by you guys.

Let's face it, ThinBasic is evolving fast, quite an incredible rate of growth considering the number of developers actually working on the project. And the main reason why it's evolving at such a fast yet stable rate,well, I'll refer you all to my post a little while back that you can read here: http://community.thinbasic.com/index...12114#msg12114 for the reasons why . What's done typically works rather well, what needs to be done still has a reason to be in the to do list. When the system you have in place is designed to give the users what they want or need for their project it's kinda hard to think anything else but "ThinBasic is what I need" not just because of the language itself (great language features, intelligent syntax, and impressive speed of execution) but also with a team like you guys behind it, it's just a perfect combination for a successful project.

This magazine isn't much of a surprise to me, I consider it part of the next evolutionary stage of the ThinBasic project. What's really astounding about it is that it was made by people that are already busy enough passionately developing ThinBasic itself and yet still found the time to create this first issue. How's that for dedication and motivation? Man, there's just no two ways about it. You guys deserve the success you're getting and this magazine is just yet another reason why you deserve all that success.

So two huge thumbs up to everyone involved in the release of this first issue and to everyone involved in the continuing development of ThenBasic.

When God created light, so too was born, the first Shadow!<br /><br />MystikShadows

Hi MystikShadows,

I am sitting here and scratching my head how to reply to your very nice post ;D
    Well ... thanks a lot! And remember I am still looking forward to continuation of your extreme programming PCOPY article

Eros, it was not an intention to make you cry, we want you happy Hope you will have some spare time too, it would be great to have some articles directly from you and Roberto in future! I know you are very busy, but as you admitted in one thread I cannot find anymore, you are an Extra-Terrestrial from outerspace, so that could help .

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

This is a wonderful and helpful publication and will also be invaluable reference source.
    I've made a folder on my desktop in which to keep "tBJ".

catventure.
    http://tab.thinbasic.com - Home Of The ThinBasic Adventure Builder Project. (Interactive Fiction/Text Adventure Maker)

--MystikShadows: I've really no words. Thanks.

--Petr: sure, I will prepare an article for the next issue. I've some words to spend on some unique fetures of thinBasic and on module development.
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Quote Originally Posted by Psch
    Hi MystikShadows,

I am sitting here and scratching my head how to reply to your very nice post ;D
    Well ... thanks a lot! And remember I am still looking forward to continuation of your extreme programming PCOPY article

Eros, it was not an intention to make you cry, we want you happy Hope you will have some spare time too, it would be great to have some articles directly from you and Roberto in future! I know you are very busy, but as you admitted in one thread I cannot find anymore, you are an Extra-Terrestrial from outerspace, so that could help .

Petr
    TO Petr:

lol...don't worry the next article in the series is already started :-).

Maybe you should have a hardcopy of TBJ and staple some tissues to it and mail it to Eros . hehe. But hey, it shows just how passionate about thinBasic everyone is. .

To Eros:

Hehe I'm getting good at this "leaving people speechless" thing. Don't you think? I'm just as happy as everyone else is at how fast, stable and great thinBasic is becoming with every release. That's all .
    When God created light, so too was born, the first Shadow!<br /><br />MystikShadows

Quote Originally Posted by MystikShadows
    Hehe I'm getting good at this "leaving people speechless" thing. Don't you think?
    You must know that here we are all very "sensible" people so you must have a limit in your compliments otherwise we cry all the day

Ok, now I'm going back to ... code

Thanks guys, what a big surprise. I'm sure I will read it.

Michael

To the authors of the ThinBasic Journal --

Many thanks to all of you for a very useful and well done information source for all ThinBasic users. Its a great complement to the ThinBasic package.

ITS A REAL WINNER!

Don
    XPS 1710

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast