Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: tankwars kent sarikaya - kryton9

Re: tankwars kent sarikaya - kryton9

Thanks Petr, very nice example, it will really help add a better feel to the game!
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

New Release of Tanks Wars version 3.0

I am very happy to announce that the new and vastly improved Tanks Wars is officially released.
    This release makes it a complete game.

This release coming so soon is only possible with the tremendous amount of work Petr put in.
    We will see some new commands soon in tbgl as a result of this project and also some updates as you might notice to thinBasic.
    Thanks to Eros and Petr for bringing these changes so quickly and Petr for putting them into the game.

You will need the latest, I mean as of June 10, 2008 evening release of thinBasic.

Please download and enjoy. You can go into the options and adjust the game to make it super easy or challengingly fun.
    Even if you lose, you get nice funny taunts from the enemy.

For the ultimate go for a perfect game and get the wonderful Flawless Victory.

Happy Gaming, a big thanks to Petr again for his help in busy times the last few days!

The latest is in the first post.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600

Dont get the wrong impression ,

Kent did lot of work on this. You will see there is noticable difference from last public version.

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Really a complete game. Great job as usual, great team work. You have used a lot of the latest developed features. WITH/END WITH makes the code much better readable.

You are a battle team coding!!!

---
    Now the dark side
    I've played a bit with TankWar and found strange results with enemy distance and my bullet distance calculation.

For example I have the enemy I want to hit listed in the upper left area at about 400 distance. I fire my bullet and it shows over 1000 (in the center HUD) and goes down while running to the target. Problem is that on the radar my bullet stop his running much before it goes near the target it was supposed to be at 400. If the bullet has a range of over 1000, how can it be? So seems something not in sync or I'm not understanding it in the right way.

What about a key that if pressed move the camera over my bullet when it goes on the target
    It can be a firework effect

Ciao and thanks
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Hi Eros,

the distances on radar are in meters, while the number going down is lifetime of the shot in milliseconds.
    The recalculation to distance is easy, will see what Kent will think about it.

Camera on shot sounds nice, maybe it could be done as nested viewport. Then you could drive the vehicle while controlling where shot flies

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Ok, now I see. I didn't realize about distance in one case and time in the other.

Your idea about viewport is terrific and could have great visual impact !!!!
    Maybe first time in a script?
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Very happy you liked it Eros. Petr and I always ask ourselves will Eros like this, Petr usually replies, yes but we need blood

Petr's ideas for the game sound good to me. He is busy for a few more days and I am ready to take a break from tank wars after intense couple of weeks in it.

When Petr is finished with school finals, then we can put in the new suggestions, if that is ok with you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by kent sarikaya
    Very happy you liked it Eros. Petr and I always ask ourselves will Eros like this, Petr usually replies, yes but we need blood
    Petr knows me quite well now ;D

You already did a terrific job in this project. Some rest is merited!

Nice game Kent. I see you put a lot of work into it. Thanks for sharing the script.

Thanks Mike. It would not be what it is without LOTS of help from Petr. I'm sorry I wasn't able to get TBEM into it as I had hoped. I wrote to Petr that I learned a lot about working on something like this in this go around. I thought do the hard stuff first and then add parts in, but it doesn't work well in reality that way.

My next go around is going to be the whole thing as a skeleton and build it all up as I go along with all the elements in place going through the real full game loop.

I have a question for you about TBEM and TBDI... in thinking about it the last couple of days... it seems that the two would go together really well. Here is what I was thinking:

All input would talk to general routines, that are actually then handled by TBEM as events. This way, the user then could via options ,set which input device they want to use and assign whatever keys they want, just in like in commercial games.

Have you done any tests for such configurations yet?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast