Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Arkanoid

Re: Arkanoid

Petr,

thanks a lot for this fantastic version that is almost complete and playable.

Simone, something I found I would like to improve:
    • ball direction is almost 45 degree and I found some circumstances where I enetered in a loop: ball always moving on the same path and no way to change it with a paddle effect.
      I think direction of the ball should consider the paddle movements (when hitting the ball, the paddle was comeing from left or right? what was the relative speed?, ..) in order to give the ball some effect.
    • also the ball should be an element defined inside the level file. Ball can bea sphere or an object of bigger shape in case of bonus
    • bonus: some brick can be a bonus discover. There can be some predetermined kind of bonus like:
      • transform the paddle into a cannon for x seconds
      • use more than one ball
      • reduce paddle size
      • increase paddle size

In next thinBasic I will work on the possibility to add new functions dynamically during script execution. This should help in adding dynamic bonus.

Ciao
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Poor Simone,

reason for almost all complaints were caused by my mod I just wanted to put together quick concept.

I think we should invent complete game design and then start to code, else we will risk big rewrites.
    Good idea with bonus tiles, and very promising are that dynamic functions, cool!

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Do not worry about Simone.
    He gives is best when under pressure ;D I know for sure !!!!

And, hey!!! My post was not a complain but wishes.
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Quote Originally Posted by Psch
    I think we should invent complete game design and then start to code, else we will risk big rewrites.
    Good programmers know what their "customers" want even if "customers" do not say what they want.
    So I hope Simone already read my mind since the beginning.
    ;D ;D

don't worry Petr,
    I must thanks you and Eros for your ideas and changes

I agree with you regarding bonuses that will make the script more fun.
    I think the best thing is to give at the creator of the level the opportunity to choose which bonus assign at the some bricks.

Simone
    LapTop Pc: 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 • 2GB 533MHz DDR2 RAM • 160GB hard disk • 512MB ATi Mobility Radeon X1600 graphics • Win Vista SP1<br />Desktop Pc: 1.6GHz Intel Core 2&nbsp; • 2GB DDR2 RAM •&nbsp; 1024MB Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT • WinXp&nbsp; SP3

Before moving to study a complete arkanoid project,
    I have updated the script in the first post with the changes of petr and added a small change with the management of "life" of blocks .

Ciao,
    Simone

LapTop Pc: 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 • 2GB 533MHz DDR2 RAM • 160GB hard disk • 512MB ATi Mobility Radeon X1600 graphics • Win Vista SP1<br />Desktop Pc: 1.6GHz Intel Core 2&nbsp; • 2GB DDR2 RAM •&nbsp; 1024MB Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT • WinXp&nbsp; SP3

Thanks Simone,

new version with more resistant bricks is good - just needs some "cloud of dust" or something to let player now it is being damaged ( or add little cracks on surface ?). I will think about way to do it.

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Arkanoid 3d is very nice, fun to watch the bricks fall off into the distance.
    Nice to see the quick progression you guys have made!
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

This script has now its own forum.

Hi,

I updated the first post with a new small version.
    I'm still working on the cracks for now when you hit the bricks they unload texture ;D

-- Ability to create the paddle and the ball with the file level
    -- Parameterized variables of paddle and ball

I was working on the possibility to load the paddle as a model m15 but I can not find a way to capture the length and height of the model paddle.
    I thought to do with tbgl_pointinside3d

I think that in the new version i be able to implement bonuses

Ciao,
    Simone

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast