Thread: closing console window

closing console window

In my .tbasicc script I would like to be able to close the console window when the script ends. I've tried stop but the window doesn't close. Is there a command that will close the console window?

Thanks
    Sandy

Re: closing console window

Sandy,

console window is closed automatically by thinBasic script engine when script ends.

This unless:
    • you are executing the script from thinAir and thinAir is configured to leave console box open at the end (this is done shelling the script)
      So please check thinAir options. Under General tab there is "Close console box" check. Be sure it is checked. Than exit and eneter again in thinAir. This option is useful when you want to execute console scripts and see their output in the console window.
    • or if script has been executed by a command line in a console window already open when script executed

Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Try EXIT FUNCTION.

you are executing the script from thinAir and thinAir is configured to leave console box open at the end (this is done shelling the script)
    This is what I'm doing. That appears to be why the window stays open.

Thanks
    Sandy