Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bundle required dll's

Bundle required dll's

Hi,

Just tried to make a bundled version of TAB Editor. Can someone please refresh my memory or point me to place where I can see which are required dll's as they are no longer listed automatically in the bundler. I have forgotten which are necessary libs to be included. Thanks!

catventure
    http://tab.thinbasic.com - Home Of The ThinBasic Adventure Builder Project. (Interactive Fiction/Text Adventure Maker)

Re: Bundle required dll's

Hi catventure,

I just tested current thinBasic and Bundle should list required modules and DLLs automatically.
    To test by manual you can run something like that from the command line:
    [code=dos]c:\thinbasic\thinbasic.exe @B c:\DirectoryWhereTABIsPresent\TAB_Player.tbasic[/code]
    (substitute "c:\DirectoryWhereTABIsPresent\" with the path where the script is located. If you are already in the directory of the script you can omit it)
    This command should analyze the script and write a text file named "TAB_Player.tbasic.sdep" in the same directory where the script is located. If you cannot find the file one reason can be that the directory is readonly

Let me know.
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Hi Eros,

I have been able to make the bundle but when I analyze the hidden files in the destination directory only the absolute required dlls are listed. No dlls are listed in the bundle creator nor any included in my script set up by the new USES format either and these additional dlls are not put in the destination dir after the bundle has been made....

catventure
    http://tab.thinbasic.com - Home Of The ThinBasic Adventure Builder Project. (Interactive Fiction/Text Adventure Maker)

Sorry catventure but I do not understand. Can we go step by step?

When you execute bundle process, can you see a window like the attached window with all the necessary DLLs?

PS: directory will be different from yours but listed modules should be the same

Attached Images Attached Images
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

No. The dll's are not listed. Should I be adding them manually using "Add Files" ?

catventure.

Yes, you can add them manually (taking from \thinBasic\Lib\ directory but it is very strange.

I'm using your latest TAB27 that is online now so with the new USES in one line.
    If non modules/dlls are listed it means that for some reason thinBasic.exe is not able to create the dependancy file thinAir uses to know which modules/dlls to add in bundling window.

Did you try to run the command I write down in previous post?
    It should produce the men tioned file.

Hi Eros,

OK. I'll probably try adding in manually.
    I'm afraid I don't understand what you mean about the code you posted before. Which code and where do I type it in? Thanks.

catventure

Sorry, I didn't explain well.

The above command is to run in a command window, a DOS console: see attached image image.
    In the command, you need to change the script directory where TAB_Player.tbasic is located because it will for sure be different from mine.

If all is OK you should find a new file named "TAB_Player.tbasic.sdep" in the same directory of TAB_Player.tbasic.
    This files give info to thinBundle about which modules are used by the script.

If that file is not present, there is something wrong somewhere and we have to find it.

Attached Images Attached Images

Here is details from created file:

[Info]
    Description=Dependancy file for thinBundle automatic dependancy discover

DateTime=04-28-2008 22:16:44
    [Modules]
    1=c:\thinbasic\Lib\thinBasic_UI.DLL
    2=c:\thinbasic\Lib\thinBasic_OS.DLL
    3=c:\thinbasic\Lib\thinBasic_FILE.DLL
    4=c:\thinbasic\Lib\thinBasic_TBASS.DLL
    5=c:\thinbasic\Lib\BASS.DLL
    Items=5
    [Includes]
    Items=0

catventure

OK, thanks a lot.

If you get ".sdep" file invoking the command manually, it means thinBasic is working fine and something is happening in thinBundle.
    When thinBundle is executed, it invokes the exact command you typed manually. Than thinBundle read the .sDep file, delete it and present results in thinBundle window.
    If the window is empty (as you said) and not dependancy modules are listed, we need to understand why.

I will talk with Roberto and see if there can be some resons why this is happening.

Ciao and thanks
    Eros

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast