View Poll Results: Would you like to have printable documentation for TBGL module ?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, PDF would be ok to me

13 92.86%
  • Yes, but not in PDF ( write preffered format in reply )

0 0%
  • No, not whole TBGL but on its specific part yes ( write which one )

1 7.14%
  • No, I have no use for it

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PDF manual for TBGL ?

PDF manual for TBGL ?

Hi,

question is posted in poll above

As you know, TBGL has currently help file, support website, lot of samples.
    But printed documentation does not require you to read all this on PC, you could read it anywhere ( before going to sleep / to make sleep your children )

Opinions ?

Petr

LATEST EARLY PREVIEW OF TBGL MANUAL FROM DECEMBER 12th ATTACHED
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Re: PDF manual for TBGL ?

Hi,

it seems choice of people is quite clear
    I will let run this poll till Sunday 11th, and if nothing will dramatically change, I will start to compose manual.

Thanks for participation!,
    Petr
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Hi,

its me again I see another vote for first choice was added so I am doing ... ahem ... preproduction works for TBGL manual.

So I am composing skeleton of chapters, what should be where ...

Interesting problem now is for "Chapter Zero: The Basic Concepts ( of 3D programming ?)".

As I realised, some people do not realize terms like "vertex" or "face" as common stuff when starting with TBGL or 3D programming in general. This makes their life a bit hard.
    So I thought this Chapter Zero could contain some essential information on stuff I mentioned above, maybe explanations on RGB(A) color model and more.

How deep you think it has sense to go. I have book "Modern computer graphics" at home, which is awesome, but if I imagine I should mention all what is inside later in TBGL user guide ... it could be too hard reading and many would not go over this.

I ask all graphic gurus over this forum - what do you think is "theoretical 3D minimum" for safe take off ?
    Transformations, color coding, Z-buffering, alpha masking ... something more ?

Thanks,
    Petr

thinBasic MVPs

If it was me I would make 2 PDF's.

1) TBGL module usage.
    2) 3D theory.

Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

Thanks Abraxas,

I will think about it!

Petr

One of my projects will be a fun program to explore 3D and Arithmetics. It will help me finally get it into my thick skull for one thing. I hope to have something in the next 6 months. Got lots of learning to do till then

Petr's PDFs will help in all of this that is for sure!!
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

I wonder whether the PDF manual has been completed? I can't seem to find a conclusion to the thread about the PDF manual, but if one exists I would like to know where to download it.

Lance

Hi Lance,

welcome on the board.

No, so far (at least to my knowledge) no PDF manual has been released. But don't resist to ask all the questions that you can't find an answer for it yourself. And have a look in the TBGL helpfile, all information should be inside of it. As you ask about TBGL, my guess is that you want to create games with it. Right?

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Hartlef
    Hi Lance,

welcome on the board.

No, so far (at least to my knowledge) no PDF manual has been released. But don't resist to ask all the questions that you can't find an answer for it yourself. And have a look in the TBGL helpfile, all information should be inside of it. As you ask about TBGL, my guess is that you want to create games with it. Right?

Michael
    Thanks for your answer.

I searched for PDF manual and this was the thread that came up. In fact I'm interested in a variety of programming tasks, including simulations and educational games. (I am a teacher and a researcher). I am still more comfortable reading a manual than reading on screen (old, that is the problem, I suppose) so that is why I asked.

Lance

Hi Lance,

if you are interested also on thinBasic manual in PDF I can produce one on the fly and post here. Just let me know.
    There is an off-line HTML too version you can download from thinBasic download section at http://www.thinbasic.com/index.php?o...oads&Itemid=95

Regarding TBGL we have to wait reply from Petr because he is the author of TBGL module.

Ciao
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast