Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: about Psch

thinBasic MVPs

Re: about Psch

only difference with cats is I think cats are vermin, where as rats I agree can be very friendly and good with children (not all rats).

Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

Well,

both Abraxas and Mike are right.

Cats are special, that our in beginning tried to extract my eyes but after years is very kind

Our (tom)cat has little bit of hunting relation to the rat, but rat has very friendly relationship to one of our dogs on other side - rat is even trying to climb on her head from the cage without problem

Kent, I understand your little repulsion of rats, many people consider them dirty for example. But you would see it is not true

Regarding C++, Java ... my father bought Borland C++ 2.5 long time ago, but I was SO ANGRY even the sample programs threw out tens of errors and long compilation ( that was in my 486SX25 times ) that I went the PB way. And I am lucky like that. Still I have some very surfacial C knowledge, because I learned OpenGL mostly from C code.

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

C and C++ still have incredible amount of errors that pop up during the long compilation still. Just so many areas that things can go wrong, compiling to linking it is a mess.
    That is where Delphi and the way Borland handle things is so much more superior I think.

I think right now though, all things considered, FreePascal with Lazarus is the best option for power, modern programming practices, and the ability to develop for an incredible wide range of systems.

I think PowerBasic could move into this same situation if they opened up to tapping into the power of the great programmers in the powerbasic community.

All I know is once thinBasic is finished to a point where I know it is headed, it will serve my needs for the Microsoft World of development perfectly and for working on my game.
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

C and C++ still have incredible amount of errors that pop up during the long compilation still. Just so many areas that things can go wrong, compiling to linking it is a mess.
    I think that it dependes from a programmers. ;D

However it's my opinion that until now the C language has a power unmatched by other languages.
    That's why in almost all languages you find that there are examples of porting from C language to the new language and not vice versa.

But obviously if you are looking for a modern, modular, with a small learning curve, very productive and well-supported, then forgotten C (but also PowerBasic) and please uses ThinBASIC.

Ciao,
    Roberto
    http://www.thinbasic.com

You are right Roberto ;D

Petr
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Roberto,

do not exagarate!

I prefer to "sell" myself 80 even if my value is 100. Usually there are much less problems.
    Many times people "sell" themself 100 even if they value 80 but it is a short run. Sooner or later the 20 difference will create big problems.

But you know, Roberto has always an ironic part in his replies

www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Eros,

for me true price it's allways the right choice isn't it?
    Which of
    modern, modular, with a small learning curve, very productive and well-supported
    are false or may create a big problems in future?
    Let me imagine, maybe a umbilical cord problem with PowerBASIC language? ;D

Ciao,
    Roberto

http://www.thinbasic.com

OK, Roberto.
    You are right and project addicted ;D
    I'm happy about that!
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Hi...
    You say that you from Chezk Republic , i allways mean that you
    from Germany becose your last name is Schreiber,i mistake
    bye...
    zlatko

Hi Zlatko,

I know it is confusing ... but it can be good camouflage to have the german name
    Interesting how Slavonian languages are close to each other - here:

http://www.aurelbasic.net78.net/

... you have some forum instructions not in english, but in your language ( Croatian? ) and I think I can understand it without bigger problems ( well, little exageration ) - for example days seems to be +/- matching "Nedjelja" vs. "Neděle", while "ě" is alias for "ie"

Petr

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast