Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Logo for thinBasic

Re: New Logo for thinBasic

There are many very talented people in this forum that can design a logo, and it would be very nice to see a forum member do it.

However, if there is desire (or need) to go outside, I'll mention that the forums at sitepoint.com have a design contest section. http://www.SitePoint.com is a site dedicated to web site developers, and the design contest section allows creative, technical, and business people to hook up with each other. To get a logo (or other material) designed, a person starts a design contest and usually specifies a fee to be paid to the contest winner. The contest does not have to carry a fee, but there should be some incentive for the designers. Once the design contest is posted, graphic designers will start submitting their entries. The contest holder comments on them and can ask for changes. At some point, the contest holder chooses a winner.

This might be worth checking out. This is also a site where it may be good to start gently introducing thinBasic as a web server scripting language, since this site is all about web site development.

Just another thought....

Randall

Randall,

thanks for the tip !
    I am sure not all members here posted their version of logo yet, but it is good to have backdoor ready too.

Thanks,
    Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

I decided to try something different. The idea was to use a font that could be many things...
    First it is roundy, more people friendly.
    Second it is playful, but not overly
    and third it is Fat, so a nice contrast to the name thinBasic.

It also has a universal look that it can be in anytime and still fit, past, future and present.

The lens flare I had to throw in as an inside joke, but it adds an element of slickness and of the future too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Again trying something different, thinking about the word "Engine". So came up with a plate look that might be stamped on a new engine somewhere
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600

Nice ones Kent !

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Thanks Petr, got some more ideas to do yet, but this is fun. Looking at what you and Mike did helped get some ideas going. I like many of the ones you guys already presented as well as the existing logo really, it is already nice logo with the color scheme, font and catch phrase.

thinBasic MVPs

how about a new tag line

TB
    Watch out its catching!

Im not an artist so this was easier.

Home Desktop : Windows 7 - Intel Pentium (D) - 3.0 Ghz - 2GB - Geforce 6800GS
    Home Laptop : WinXP Pro SP3 - Intel Centrino Duo - 1.73 Ghz - 2 GB - Intel GMA 950
    Home Laptop : Windows 10 - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) - 4 GB - Intel HD 4400
    Work Desktop : Windows 10 - Intel I7 - 4 Ghz - 8GB - Quadro Fx 370

That is funny Abraxas, but perhaps TB is not the same in other languages, but in English, TB also stands for Tuberculosis, a contagious lung disease, so TB, watch out its catching is a good play on words!

This one is just taking Randall's example and applying it to thinBasic. Mike can model better people than I can, so if Eros likes this one, maybe Mike can make a version with his touch. Anyways another one to add to the list

Kent, look into the MakeHuman app for Blender!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast