Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Connection to other modules?

Re: Connection to other modules?

When you create/load a mesh/camera/light it turns into an entity. Blitz3D stores all the entity informations like position/rotation/etc. for you. You have one ENTITYMOVE command, which can be used on lights/cams/meshes. And so the picture goes on.

If no movement is inside a loop, your renderloop would look like:

while blablabla

renderworld()
    flip()

endwhile

That's it. Blitz3D does all the dirty transformations and positioning for you.

I started something like this for the IBasic Pro 3D pak when this was in development.

Cheers
    Michael

Mike,

this is a great idea and would speed up a lot script execution because all the info and data is directly maintained / handled by the engine, that is compiled code and not interpreted at avery frame.
    As I said, it is worth a specific discussion in TBGL forum, so Petr can follow and people can express their idea adding comparisons with others engines around. If you are in short time (today is your son day if I remeber well) I can add a request for you. A specific post is much better to follow also for people looking at this forum but not partecipating. Let me know.

Remain here your clever idea on how it can be possible to re-use code from one module to the other.

Ciao
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Sorry Eros for that I got offtopic. I will make the request myself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12