Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aurora SDK

Aurora SDK

Aurora can make DLL's now and I was trying to make one tonight for thinBasic to test out. In studying the SDK for other basics and delphi, I realized there are some custom libs it seems being made for each supported language SDK. So without one for Aurora, there would be no way to make one... am I correct on this?

Sapero just made a nice installer for his massive include files for Aurora and I thought it would be neat to tinker with Aurora and thinBasic. One thing however I noticed tonight. The reason I sort of moved away from Aurora is-- there still seems to be a jerk in animation. It doesn't play smoothly in other words. I thought it might have been the way Paul developed his DirectX code, but in running some rotating cube demos in opengl in Aurora, I noticed the same bad motion. So I don't know what is causing that.

So my enthusiasm for Aurora sort of cooled really quickly tonight. I wrote to Sapero for some examples, if any of them run nice and smooth as Petr's demos do in thinBasic, it might be worthwhile to support an SDK for Aurora, so no rush, but just wanted to ask about the necessary libs. Thanks.
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Re: Aurora SDK

So you want to create a DirectX module with Aurora for TB? If you have the 3D pack for IBP, then take that route. Will give you the same result.

Mike I don't have IBP, just standard and Aurora. No need for DirectX since OpenGL is so nice and for FPS types games we can develop in irrlicht now too, so that is great. Just thought I would keep up on Aurora and use it time to time.
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600

making SDK

Can SDK's be made by us users, or are steps required that it be done by Eros, Roberto or Petr?

Every user can make what he wants no special steps are required, however we reserves the choice of what add to the official release and WEB site.
    Of course if you develop a SDK (or a new module) there are some standard to adhere, like module name, function name and so on.
    Also we must review and point out an agreement for user that developed modules that are already included into ThinBASIC official distribution (like Petr's TBGL module).

Regards,
    Roberto
    http://www.thinbasic.com

I notice there are differnt lib files for different sdk's. Why is that? I was wondering if that was something that had to be created by you guys.

Aurora like Ebasic can make a lib file from the thincore.dll, if that is all that is needed, then I should be able to make one for aurora.

If this is the case, then I will work on it. Thanks.

yes, there are some different static library basically are thin<X>.lib where <X> is the name of specific language/compiler.
    These library are necessary in oder give the ThinBASIC's API support and link properly with the thincore.dll module.
    In case of the C SDK there are also a thinc.dll (and thinc.lib) for dinamically linkage of C module.

Ciao,
    Roberto

Thanks Roberto, I sort of understand why 2 or more, but not totally. I guess I will try to make one and see how it goes.
    Thanks.

Kryton,

I understand that Aurora, Emergency BASIC and IBASIC are based on same architecture, if that's right they are essentially a translator from high level language to assembler source code, then assembler source code is compiled with NASM compiler to produce object code into object files.
    Object files are then linked with others files (library, objects and resources) by a owned linker that it seems to be a variation of ALINK linker.
    So I think you can easy adapt the thinCore.lib, thinIB.lib and thinCore.inc in order to work with them.

Regards,
    Roberto

Roberto, thanks lots of good info there. I got ebasic working as an sdk. I will work on Aurora next. It is different that the others. Ebasic is at the moment very compatible with ibasic pro. But it is supposed to change in time.

Aurora is already quite different. You might want to look at Aurora, since you are a c/c++/asm guru. I think you will find aurora very interesting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast