Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Can thinbundle create a console exe?

Can thinbundle create a console exe?

Hi folks,

in FANTOM, I output several messages during the parsing process. I used CONSOLE_WRITELINE and STDOUT. Both gave the same results regarding my problem.

The problem is, that when I call the exe, which thinBundle has created, the output won't be transfered/pushed into the stdout pipe and so can't be catched by an 3rd party editor like ConText for an example. It just allways opens a window.

So my questions is. Would there be a way for Roberto to create a CONSOLE exe, when you bundle a console script?

Re: Can thinbundle create a console exe?

Mike,

if you name your script *.tBasic the Gui version of thinBasic will be executed.
    If you name your script *.tBasicc the Console version of thinBasic will be executed.

thinBundle should be able to recognize it and bind the needed thinBasic version. Console version will than use STDOUT chain.

This is theory, you are the first using so I'm curious if theory will be also the practice
    Let me know.
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Like I said. I bundled a console script but it behaves the same as a gui script.

Mike, stupid me. I didn't understand what you were doing, sorry. Ok, now I think I've got it.

At the moment what you are trying to do is not possible because there is a short circuit between bundled exe and real script execution.
    When you execute a bundled exe a stub inside the exe explode all files included into it on disk. Than thinBasicc.exe (or thinBasic.exe in case of gui script) is executed passing to it the script name. STDOUT of executed script by thinBasicc.exe is not passed back to bundled exe interrupting SDTOUT pipe.

In short, if your script is fantom.tbasicc bundled into fantom.exe:
    • fantom.exe is executed
    • all files are exploded to disk
    • fantome.exe shell thinBasicc.exe with fantom.tbasicc (or fantom.tbasicx if obfuscated)
    • stdout of command shell "thinBasicc.exe fantom.tbasicc" is not passed to fantom.exe interrupting pipe

I have to talk with Roberto and see if we can find a way to pipe stdout along the chain.

Current only work around I can see is to produce an output disk file with stdout and than look at that file to get fantom compile log.

I will move this post into thinBundle requests.

Ciao
    Eros
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Humm, seems quite complicate at least now!
    Let me thinking on it.

Ciao,
    Roberto
    http://www.thinbasic.com

Thanks guys, but don't put this on major priority. My intention for converting it is to see if thinBasic is caple of creating a decent parser and have good execution times and more to learn thinbasic better. If you can do this, then it is great. If not, then it is no problem.

I kinda feel bad if you guys allways jump on my request/ideas and then I don't use them properly after you put all the hard work into it.

Mike, do not worry. We always try to be open and have great attention on "people feeling" here.

Your indication is nice, I like it and it would be perfect to have in our arsenal even if you will never use.
    Bundled exe will be more complete and professional if able to pipe stdout channel along the chain so, again, do not worry.
    Meybe we will not find a way to do it but maybe yes. In any case worth to have a look and spend some brain time on it.

Ciao
    Eros

Hi Mike,

could you please check if with attached thinairb.dll file (you should extract an put it into ThinAIR's folder) broken pipes are now fixed?

Thank you very much,
    Roberto
    Attached Files Attached Files
    http://www.thinbasic.com

Works like a charm. Thanks Roberto.

Here is a screenshot:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast