Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ODE - Open Dynamics Engine

Re: ODE - Open Dynamics Engine

It will be fun to test it on it. Currently I have windows 98 SE2 on it. I am doing some work for my old boss "older brother" as I call him. I was trying to setup a test area on my hosted webserver that runs apache, mysql and php. They allow 100MB Database, which when I signed seemed more than enough for me and what I ever planned to do.

But my Boss this week told me to work on doing this huge database. I downloaded all the files the last few days. Compressed all 88 files are
    close to 300MB, uncompressed 1.7 GB. So that took my hosted web server out of the picture. Since this is going to be a test site for us to develop ideas with the data, I am going to try setting it up on my Dad's old 486. If it can handle the queries and just run, I will use that. If not I will use one of my computers now to be the host, they are powerful enough.

I will post in the other section about server and thinBasic, as I will be able to tinker with that now too.

Anyways lots to do, I don't know what to work on so many fun projects that need attention. In addition, I downloaded and installed the latest ubuntu on my notebook. All I can say is wow they did an awesome job. My 64 bit amd notebook after 2 years of ownership finally has a decent 64 bit OS. All my hardware including wireless network card work now. I have wonderful 3d desktop and cool themes with Emerald. The only stuff that doesn't work in full is my logitech cam, mouse. The mouse works, but I don't have access to all the features because logitech won't write drivers. Really strange, some sort of conspiracy out there it seems. They have drivers for MacOS which is linux like underneath, makes no sense. There is a company or website that says they will write drivers for free for any company not interested in doing it themselves, they just need specs or contact info of engineer to talk to. What a deal? Why aren't companies jumping on it? Very strange, I don't understand. It just means more market for them to sell their goods.
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Re: ODE - Open Dynamics Engine

Why aren't companies jumping on it? Very strange, I don't understand. It just means more market for them to sell their goods.
    The market seems not to be big enough I guess. Linux people are used to use free software.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123