Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New implementations in Dictionary module

Re: New implementations in Dictionary module

Quote Originally Posted by Eros Olmi

I'm working on Dictionary module to apply the following changes:

• possibility to save/load Dictionary to/from disk file

If you have any urgent request let me know here and I will try to give higher priority.
    I wouldn't call my need urgent. I'm only exploring. But, I thought this piece of the Dictionary module implentation was interesting. Have you worked on this part? If not, do you know how you will do it?

I had an idea in the past, even worked on it in Liberty Basic for a while, of creating a game like Who wants to be a Millionaire? Back then, more than a year ago, I was playing with the idea of using Random Access Files to store the questions, answers, as well as some other info for each question. This Dictionary module sounds like it might work, and opening a saved dictionary would be even awesomer (yeah yeah, I know ... not a word).

Mark

Well,

we usually give priority to what thinBasic users ask.
    I will give a go to this request after next thinBasic will be out.

Ciao
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

dear eros:-), hi all :-)

- although it's quite (yet) a unknown area for me, I have thought it will be useful to use the "dictionary" as the word in my language say in common to "translate" words, for example english into german or into spanish ;-).

- would be great to load "thumbnails" or "pics" to, perhaps even a "data base" of thinBasic Users here or "mp3" files? :-)

- the idea behind the dictionary is good! I have followed your first link to the hash module...

- to load/to save data from disk/dvd would be nice...

little input more...
    I have understood your script as well as I tried it some minutes before to advance it...

good evening, servus, Lionheart
    hope you have had a relaxed day ;-)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    you can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes you might find, you get what you need

Quote Originally Posted by marcuslee
    I wouldn't call my need urgent. I'm only exploring. But, I thought this piece of the Dictionary module implentation was interesting. Have you worked on this part? If not, do you know how you will do it?

I had an idea in the past, even worked on it in Liberty Basic for a while, of creating a game like Who wants to be a Millionaire? Back then, more than a year ago, I was playing with the idea of using Random Access Files to store the questions, answers, as well as some other info for each question. This Dictionary module sounds like it might work, and opening a saved dictionary would be even awesomer (yeah yeah, I know ... not a word).
    This statement isn't as true anymore. I probably won't use the Dictionary feature in my current plans, so there is no urgent need from my perspective. I like the information I have found about using a Microsoft Access database with ODBC. That path seems to fit my current idea.

Although if the Dictionary module is to be popular, it would seem that a save feature would be not a plus but a requirement, but it isn't needed by me for the moment.

Mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12