Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Models

Re: Models

I think Blender 2.44 uses Python 2.5 now and maybe these scripts were not updated. I use Blender 2.43 now, works great.

Btw. two days ago I got the Essential Blender book. It is really good I think. For the price, it was a steal.

kryton,

beautiful work!

Yesterday I did lot of workon TD, but one fatal problem occured, I will explain more in new post

Bye,
    Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Mike the old scripts work in the new blender. Also I discovered the rounded theme in the themes section. I really like the look and feel with it. Mike, did you know python before hand or did you pick it up to write your wonderful export plugin? What are your thoughts on python?

Petr, OUCH, posted about your computer problem, hope for a speedy and inexpensive fix.
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

No, I had to read it up and look at other exporters. Python has some nice features, it's list functionalities are great. What I hate is that the contents of loops is detected by the indention. And sometimes Python acts differently when you don't have this consistant. It is a differences between using a TAB and the equal amount of SPACE. So you need an editor that works good on that part and I have now SHOW WHITESPACES allways on. This feature caused me some headaches I can tell you.

That sounds terrible, glad you figured out what was the problem. That would be a tough one to figure out. Anyways these models would not be possible if it wasn't for that great script!! thanks.
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Np.

Omg!

These are very beautyful spaceships! If I just could make something that cool... :'(

How long does it take to make those?

(Sorry for posting very old topic. The spaceships just were so cool so I had to say something ^^ )
    ¯\_†_/¯º¯¹¯²¯³¯\_†_/¯³¯²¯¹¯º¯\_†_/¯

Np misthema. And thanks for the nice words. I'm sure I will post some more soon as I feel the urge of creating something again. How long does it take? Mmmh, I can only speak for myself here. First, I have the following work flow:

1) Modeling in Hexgon 2.2, then export it as an OBJ file
    2) Import into Ultimate Unwrap to create the UV files for the texture, export a template texture map
    3) Create the texture map in Adobe Photoshop
    4) Load the map into Ultimate Unwrap, export the OBJ file again, this time including the UV/texture settings
    5) Import the OBJ into Blender, export it to the M15 file format

All together for a lowpoly space ship like the Stinkybug it took me maybe 2 hours. Next time I will messure it
    and post the time too.

Cheers
    Michael

Hi,

wow.. You sounded like a professional when you said it tooked only 2 hours to make.
    I can only use Blender, becouse I don't have that kind of money to buy those softwares. :/
    But Blender still has that all: UV/Texture mapping and stuff.

Maybe I should start learning it and maybe I can make something that cool in the future! ^^

Thanks,
    misthema
    ¯\_†_/¯º¯¹¯²¯³¯\_†_/¯³¯²¯¹¯º¯\_†_/¯

misthema

you can find here: http://community.thinbasic.com/index.php?topic=593.0
    Mike and Petr work in order to create a Blender model and export into M15 (native TBGL file model format) complete with textures.
    M15 files can be directly managed by TBGL module.

Mike has developed a Phyton script that export a Blender model into M15 format.
    Hope it can help.

Ciao
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast