Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Models

Re: Models

cheez... and I thought performance isn't an issues with TBGL ;D

Btw. next version of exporter is comming soooon.

Good to hear Mike ,

well, on my PC it is not noticable, but I remember my Radeon 7000 was quite sensitive on multicolor models
    TBGL does some internal optimizations to decrease this "bad color influence", but you never know ...

Bye,
    Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

That is amazing, I always thought textures slowed down video cards and that the vertex color was faster. To hear that it is the otherway around is great.

Glad to hear the new script update is around the corner too Mike. I will not be doing much of anything the next few days as visiting with my Sister and doing things all day, I get very tired when I come home late at night. But I will check the bulletin boards
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Update on shuttle. I have been working on it. It went slow as I was trying to learn Blender better and also trying different looks.
    This is not final, but good enough for now to show. This is the shuttle no weapons. The movie is in xvid, although the divx watermark shows in the corner. Too long to explain what happened and since just a preview, didn't re-render the animations.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600

But, does Petr need M15 file or blender file to work with it?
    Maybe you already exchange it by mail.

Not sure.
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Cool, looks great. Good job Kent.

Hi,

thanks a lot for preview kryton, now the level of detail on engines is exactly what I wanted.
    Just one idea ( please don't kill me :-[ ) - the main body has now quite sharp edges, would it be possible to have the edges "bevelled" a bit ?

If not, no problem, even now it looks terrific and I would definitely choose it for space travels Even my brother likes the design ( very hard to see positive critics from him ).

Really nice ! And also right dramatic camera... Perfect

Bye,
    Petr
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Eros, I am still working on it so the model wasn't attached. Just wanted to get feedback to tweek it.

Mike, thanks. Learning alot working on it, just hope I can remember what I figured out

Petr
    , I will work on tweeking it. Good ideas, I was trying to keep minimal polys, but since less than 300 faces now in blender, can add more faces.

Petr, is there a maximum face or vertices number you can give me that I should stay in for the shuttle (ships) you would like to see. And also one for the future space stations. (Which reminds me of a fun easter egg for the game, in the stations in different hangar bays we can put ships from all of our favorite sci-fi ships from movie and tv as if they are visiting the station.To keep poly count low, they can even be pictures of ships set back in the bay somewhat.)

Minor tweeks in Blender can double the faces quickly, I figured out how to do parts now so that is good.

Attached is a m15 file and texture for it, it looks better if you can turn on smoothing, but still ok without. The textures got a little messed up when I added more faces to the body, if the overall look is ok I will work on fixing the textures.

I still need to add hartlef engine logos, schrieber space system logos and also the ship name. I will remove the LUNA from the back bottom of the ship as well as the ship registration number from the bottom. Or fit them in better if needed.
    Attached Files Attached Files

This - looks - awesome !,

thanks a lot! I like the design a lot now.

Regarding vertex limit... For "occasional" ships I would go to ~1500 vertices, for ships which should appear in hordes around 700-1000.
    I think for spacestations up to 2500 would be ok.

We will render them from display lists anyway, so speed should not be problem.

Good idea with easter eggs

Thanks a lot again,
    Petr

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast