Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Models

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Models

Guys while working with the little time I had today, I came up with an idea I will try. This coming week I won't be able to do much as my Sister is visiting. But in the evenings I will try to work a little.

Here are some pictures of what I was playing with tonight.
    If you look at the photos, you can see that I am starting towards some sort of modulization of parts. I messed up tonight and hence no model to share, but you can see that the pilot area will be its own compartment. The first one will be for a single pilot sitting, with all comm, navigation, computer and engineering as well as ships controls in that areas.

The middle part will be the cargo section or people transport etc.

The back end will be propulsion and entry for passengers/pilot. This section will also contain Restroom, and Service Panel, for drinks and food.

It sort of evolved and you can see the mess that came into the model with not matching polys as I tried to go from a single box to this sort of idea.

So this week I will work in parts when I have time and try to build up a nice inventory of parts. Then it will be quick go when I have time to put different pieces together for different vessels and yet have a common look. At least for the Luna Transport Vehicles.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Re: Models

Looks good Kent, fits with the other shuttle.

Hi kryton,

this is very nice design! Quite compact, looks like from more expensive class than your past model, which hass the functional parts "naked".
    I am now playing with "Volkswagen" to test out space like movement and physics. All works ok except one detail I need to solve regarding rotations. It is tricky stuff but I am sure it has solution

Thanks a lot,
    Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Mike the new export script works great. I got 3 colors, white, red and black all applied to faces. Thanks it makes it nice to work this way.
    Here is another people shuttle with no weapons. Learning something with each model and appreciating all the cool models done in movies and tv shows by the pros. Although easy to make a quick model, to make a nice one with textures is very very hard. I just appreciate more and more what I see done by the pros.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600

Looks good Kent, but different colors were possible before too. The change in 1.03 is now that each material can have a different texture now. Anyway, I'm glad it works and I didn't destroy anything.

Hi kryton,

very nice !
    I am finishing first "flight preview" to get your opinion on flight model - you will be able to choose Volkswagen or this new great ship.

kryton, I just had to to rotate your ship because it was upside down, and also scaled it down by factor of 4, else it would have windows 10 meters high

I have some problems with UDTs now, but I am sure Eros will solve it.

Bye,
    Petr
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Petr, the Scalelator is back ;D

Yes,

I know I am ill ;D

Bye,
    Petr

Petr, sorry about the scale and rotation. I know the scale was off, as I reduced it by quite a bit in blender before exporting it. I must have rotated it while working on it early on and forgot. Glad you are an expert at correcting our model orientations and scales.

Mike, Oops, I will try textures on the next model. I was going to texture this one by unwrapping, but it got complicated looking when I unwrapped I am going to try to texture the pieces as I go then do one unwrap and texture bake. Hopefully that will give that professional look then.

Hi kryton,

no problem with scaling, it is work for few secs
    If you could cover your models with texture, that would be terrific. Even now it looks good, but with right painted texture ... hmm

One idea for textures - you can see in the preview flames are often "licking" vehicle surface, so some black dust trace would be great

Bye,
    Petr

P.S. Less use of vertex color means mini percents of performance up. If all information ( except light !) would be texture baked, it would be ideal.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast