Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Mission 1

Re: Mission 1

I will try to get you models as soon as I can. Station 2 will be the spherical design, any preference for station 1?
    Making it story and mission based it will be totally different. So much more to handle good luck!!
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

I'm working on a highres model of Stinky Bug for wallpaper, intro, stuff like that. Also improving the M15 exporte ris on the list for the next days/weeks.

Hi guys !,

kryton, I have no special wish for space station 1, maybe it could be little bit "oldschool" like Mir was and ISS is
    Maybe I would prefer some open hangar docks than just join point like space shuttles are parked

Mike, my expectations are extreme, seems krytons alias for the ship has survived

Bye,
    Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Mike, Stinky Bug is such a great ship, it will be great to have it as the splash screen. Can't wait to see it. It sure looked good in the banner you made. Cool more goodies for the blender export, neat!!

Petr, not sure what you wanted? Did you say you want docking rings and not bays? This will impact the design of the ships so important to know which you prefer.

Docking Ring: the ship has to manuever and lock to a docking ring like device, get a seal and then the doors are open. This means all ships must have the same size docking system and doors.

Landing Bay: The ship flies in, the hangar doors close, the space is pressurized and then the doors open. This can allow various size ships and door sizes and no need to for a docking device.
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600

I vote for landing bay.

Hi,

maybe I expressed me in not very clear way. I am all for landing bays !

Thanks,
    Petr
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Phew, that will make life a lot easier with landing bays!!

I placed The Bus into TopDown3D tonight to see how it looked, it looked better than when I looked at it in the 3d apps. But I see that we don't need all that detail at the bottom, especially for the instant action game.

Then the thought sort of hit me. Since the story is getting pretty exciting and we got a nice team already working on it. Why not maybe make the mission game more of mixed mode game. This way we have fun and develop all sort of engines.

For example, as in instant action, the mission can have topdown view, but in addition side scroll, and even first person action. Maybe even a starcraft or command and conquer type of level. Whatever fits the level of the game and storyline the best. It would be unique in that so many forms of play would be in one game and it would show the versatility of thinBasic and all the cool modules you guys developed.

Just a thought, to see what you guys think?

I am going back to very low poly models for the instant action and will work on putting nicer detail with textures instead of modeling, especially for instant action as so much of the ship is not seen or that detail needed.

Sorry ran late today, so I couldn't get anything done other than figuring how to texture bake again.

Hi kryton,

only detail which I find too high are the exhaust "cones", it would be ok to make them just 6 or 8 sided.
    I have very strong feeling just topdown view is very boring and done milion times.

I was thinking to take level 1 as controls tutorial, with camera like in "Rogue Squadron" or any similar third person game. Optional could be camera with free look around plane like in Sturmovik and another with important "focus-to-nearest-enemy".

Now the fights are soon very boring, but moving them to full 3D will make the game maybe litle bit more difficult, but also quite fun with kind of "dogfights".

Finally I would maybe prefer this freedom of camera ( selectable using keys ) than forcing user to get used to new view in each mission. Also I am not sure mixing of engines in our first project would be good, source would get messy and it would lost its educational ( ha ha ) value. But I can be wrong.

My idea was to have one station on Earth orbit and second ( for example ) nearby Moon. Textures Matthew pointed out in another thread are really good ones, and for example Venus looks awesome.
    You will have to maneuver ship through various way points ( you reach one, another appears ). This will give player ( false ) feeling of movement freedom, because he will move in big space. To limit his journeys, you will have to be nearby "space buoys", providing communication and navigation. So you will be able to move +/- kilometer from such a objects at max.

From my first tests it is interesting to fly from Earth to Moon . Earth will be quite static, but with moving clouds.
    You can see this in menu for example too. I would like to make space more "life like" with some additional traffic like fast ships with post ( quite paradox in electronic age ), or bloated supply ships.

Bye,
    Petr

P.S. I know how bad look the stars on the image, I will solve them other way, like a sprites. Some will be static, some glowing. Because background would always suffer from low texture resolution I think this could be way. From krytons galaxy maker we would use the colorful galaxy soups additionaly in more distant space, as they look good.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow, lots of ideas. I concentrate on the exporter for the moment.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast