Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Mission 1

Re: Mission 1

Hi guys,

here is new version with some improvements!
    Space is now ( almost LSD ) colorful - I mixed krytons nebula picture multiple times. So it does not look so empty now.
    Still I want to add dust particles and so on.

Also I have modified way the ship is controlled to be more flight sim like ( left,right does roll around Z axis ).

Please do not miss this release, there is surprise inside . Still a experimental one but ...

Bye,
    Petr
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

I won't spoil the surprise.

Petr, very nice job you did. I have a hard time flying with the keyboard and I think the tbdi support that was in there is not on at the moment. But the graphics, new explosions and rich scenery are very nice. I will look at the code in detail later when I can concentrate on it.

Thanks, it is really coming along very nicely!!
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Hi Kent,

yes, there is no TBDI support now, because I am continuously cleaning up the source, and probably forgot it somewhere.
    I will put it back in next release - it is essential functionality.

One think - I am considering the jet system to be simplified a bit. So there will be particles from main engines ( no more ellipsoids ), but the rotation jets won't be probably visible.

Regarding source, better to not watch too much now, it is still quite messy, but I am working on it

Thanks,
    Petr
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Have you tried setting up something like first person shooter type input as controls. That is the mouse controls where you look, hence the direction you go. The W key moves you in the direction you are looking. The S key moves you backwards. The A and D key move you left and right as in strafing, not turning. To turn you would move forward but move the mouse in the direction you want to turn.

The left Mouse Button is fire, the scroll wheel is weapon cycle and the right mouse button alternate fire. This I think would be a great way to make a regular input for the game, for those without a game pad.

I really like the new explosions, really great how you figured all of that out!!
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600

Hi kryton,

yes, that would be probably much better,
    I will put it there

I was doing some nonsense stuff today, so I added sound to the game and possiblity to ... "surprise" + surprise now ... .
    Also when engine is on there is little shaking of the cockpit and also engine sound fades as "pedal" is leaving out.
    With Mikes music on background crawling between asteroids and shooting, krytons nebula on background ... yes, this game must be finished ;D

I have returned the TBDI to the project too.

Bye,
    Petr

Man, stinky bug looks good in flight mode ;D I liked the surprise very much. But Kent is right. You need a joystick to try to catch him.

Hi,

I am deformed by running the script milion times a day so keyboard was no problem for me .
    Don't worry, new version will fix this controls madness

Bye,
    Petr

Great thanks Petr!

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213