Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Mission 1

Mission 1

Hi,

here I'd like to explain technical part of mission 1.

Resources:
    Model of station A
    Model of station B
    Model of ship
    Meteors

This is the first mission. Kid flies a shuttle craft with cargo. On his flight from station 1 to station 2 he gets a warning that a comet just broke up and one of the pieces smacked into a big asteroid and now there is a massive meteor shower right intersecting his kid's course.
    The game he has to manuveur the shuttle and avoid all meteors and deliver the cargo.
    The part when kid is trying to avoid meteors sounds pretty good. It leads me to idea to give to ship more power than to move just left-right, forward-backward. So possibly I would like to add up-down movement in restricted interval.

Level 2 when he gets to station 2 and does level 1, boss man is happy he is safe and as his gratitude for getting the job done gives him a better shuttle with a weapon on it. He figures debris will be in the aread for some time to come from the impact. So this will be prudent.
    In this part I have idea to not go in straight line, but to be binded on orbit of station, so you would run circles around station and try to protect it from impact of meteor. I would suggest round shape of station to make it look nice and also detect collision easily .

My idea is following - try to complete one mission, then close adding features and move to another mission.

What do you think?

Bye,
    Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Re: Mission 1

I like those ideas a lot Petr!! Protecting the station from the meteors is very clever and a great addition to the story for sure!!

To make the station look cool, it would be great to have fade contol of mesh. My idea. A sphere as you say, but imagine
    2 hemispheric domes with central disc and cool structures inside of the dome and levels. Would be really neat looking. The sphere station has a day and night, so one side is in day and the other night.
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Soudn cool:

About the needed media I make a post in the media section

Hi,

Mike I adore your auto correcting abilites - before few minutes here was media listed but then you moved it to correct thread

kryton, that would look great!, just watch the polycount

Bye,
    Petr
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Sorry Petr, I thought I move it over as my post was media related.

No sorry Mike,

I was just surprised by your auto-correcting functions

Bye,
    Petr

Watch Polycount, no way. I see how fast thinbasic and tbgl are, i used to be low poly kryton, but now I see the power and the polycounts just went through the roof

Ok I will think low as much as I can!!
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600

Kryton9,

I don't know if you have time for this now...
    But ... Would it be possible to not bake any "jetlight" to engine exhaust in your model textures, I would like to put few particles there.

Also if possible ( just at texture level ) place some mini exhausts in front and back part to be able to rotate ship with engine "sparkling". Please watch my idea on screen. The aircraft must not look as the one on picture, this is there just to better explain where to put stuff.

Thanks,
    Petr
    Attached Images Attached Images

Petr, we are reading each other's minds. The reason I am redoing all my models is I am going to make them more low tech, no warp engines as they are now but thrust based either ion or whatever.

I always loved the star fury on Babylon 5, it had all those exhaust ports. I was going to base all my craft on that type of idea and that is why I am redoing them all.

I am also thinking about docking to stations, wether it will be like in Deep Space Nine a docking ring and door or an easier to handle entry into the ship with individual compartments than can be pressurized and depressurized, I am leaning towards the latter as is this will impact the design of the ships and stations. The compartment bays allow greater freedom in design of the vehicles.

I am also evaluating the cargo and passengers in the story to determine nice sizes. So taking my time a bit to do it right this time.

BY the way I like that design for the shuttle, looks cool. Can I try to make it!!

Send more sketches of ideas and models you would like, nice designs and thoughts Petr. The same for Eros and Roberto, if you guys have sketches put them up. I will be glad to try to model them. Mike, I am not asking you as you are already doing great models already!!

Hi Kent,

I am very happy you are working on that !
    I think some mini flames from exhaust will make it look more "real". But this will be my work

I am now prepairing script for mission 1, it will be quite different experience comparing to "instant action", and I am also adding menu. It will take time, but I hope it will be good.

Bye,
    Petr

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast