Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: TopDown Characters

Re: TopDown Characters - Sergey Wulkoev

A war hero arrived. Make room for

Sergey Wulkoev !!!

Sergey, a 32 yrs old russian, serves as a Fighter Pilot in the 3rd Space Rangers Platoon. Of course it is a fighting group of the UWFF. He has the rank of an Air Captain and is highly respected for is combat skills. Sometimes his attitude is a little below the belly. But hey, when you have bunch of Stinky Bugs behind your butt, it is normal to loose your manners somewhere.

Attached Images Attached Images

Re: TopDown Characters

Mike,

this is perfect casting

The boss looks a bit like man I had past semester for math-III course
    I am curious what will kryton think about him, as it seems he is very focused on this key character.

But hey, when you have bunch of Stinky Bugs behind your butt, it is normal to loose your manners somewhere
    ;D - terrific

Thanks,
    Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Ok, I think the last cukie for you guys.

I wasn't sure if the guy was the right one for the McBurton role. So I asked him to talk a line. See yourself. I thought he did ok.

P.S: This voice and line is a sample of MIMIC, so I won't be able to reproduce the tone exactly.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Mike,

the animation is more than I expected !
    Looks pretty cool, nice ! Now I see it IS my profesor from math

I had problems with playing the video but then I realized I have kind of damaged codec. After installing fresh one it played ok.

What are the white places on Sergeys head ?

Thanks DO again LOOP for your work Mike,
    Petr
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Hi,

I extracted head of James from Poser DEMO and tried to play few tricks on it
    This is just little experiment, I am sure it wont be necessary in the game ( better to prerender for comlink ).
    But to make you a bit entertained...

I just setup bones in thinEdge using colors, sadly I probably did some wrong turn so part of face is wrong smoothed ( I moved with those vertices maybe ).

Bye,
    Petr

Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Psch
    What are the white places on Sergeys head ?

Thanks DO again LOOP for your work Mike,
    Petr
    NP Petr, I had fun doing them. My wife asked the same about the hair. I said it is fairy gold. But I think it is some kind of render error. When the time comes, I will look into it.

Your sample was funny. Did you had smooth set to off?

I wake up and see this incredible dialog between you guys and the incredible characters, animations. I am just blown away at how wonderful they all are. I am out of breathe from excitement and amazement at what Mike came up with. Then to add that incredible video with speech and lip synch. I am out of my chair with disbelief!!!

THen Petr does bones on a head and makes it animated. Petr you need to make a video on how to do bones in such cases. It is a secret only you know in tbgl.

Mike, I got to say this again. You are great at character bios, finding looks, incredible job you have done. No need for looking for images. You are nailing down great looks to match the characters. The boss man was different than what I had in my mind's eye. But in reading your more detailed bio about him, that guy matches nicely. You can see how he could be a great friend or a nightmare if an enemy. Great job!!

The girls are hot. I am single you know. I have a bad heart, but looking at those beauties, makes my heart beat better. Thanks!!
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Ok Kent, then no body shots for you, ok? I don't wanna risk your health.

Anyway, thanks guys, it is a pleasure to do this.

Mike, I never thought about the bodies... Oh man, time for some medicine
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

I have seen the faces one by one, but I was so happy from each of them I created heavily improvised lunch for rest of house Well, too much endorphines on my side so the meal was kind of weird .

Mike, as I said, there is problem with smoothing. But I think I know what is reason, it is possibly one of my weird optimizations for smoothing algo, consider it fixed please

Awesome awesome awesome characters ...

kryton, it seems bones are still mystery for you. But it is very easy! You gived me idea for next TBGL tutorial

Bye,
    Petr

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.