Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blender M15 export script Version 1.02

Re: Blender M15 export script Version 1.02

Mmmh, I'm at work and when I open the RAR file, only the texture file shows up.

I will tackle the export script tonight so Kent is able to export this in it's full beauty. Thanks for the test file.

Glad you guys liked it, but please remember I will make still a better one for player vessel. But I figure we need all sorts of ships so I will save all the models to be used in backgrounds. I deleted the too sleek version and now wish I hadn't.

For some reason my texture baking in blender is not working now. So that model is not texture baked. I just applied 2 textures for the top side panels. I colored the windows black in blender and the rest of the ship is white. The shading is just coming from the render in blender.
    But with the lighting in the game it should look similar.

My Dad called, I have to run today and tomorrow. I thought I would be home to work these 2 days, but alas not the case. I will get to work on the next version when I get home. Hope to have something soon again.

One thing I did notice, for decal and emblem placement on models, I am going to try to design panels where they will apply. This way, no need to texture bake. You can just place the decals and emblems on those surfaces. So something to keep in mind when modeling from now on to model the surface plane in the shape of the decal we want.

Mike, thanks the new addition to the script will probably be difficult to add, but I do appreciate it!!
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Hi kryton,

enjoy following days!
    The model does not show the texture properly in both Blender and thinEdge, but this is probably related to problem you mentioned. Light baking is not necessary in this case, better to be directed using in game lights.

Please see attached image.

I must say I am really amazed by this model details, I like the fuel tanks and nozzles on the bottom.

Bye and thanks,
    Petr
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

I hope I have something to play with for you when you are back. Have a good time.

Petr If you just press F12, to do a render the texture should appear just fine in the render. Let me know if it doesn't work that way.
    Mike is working on the export script to handle the image textures. It has got to be tricky I would imagine!

Mike, take your time. I am sure you will get as you seem to solve tough problems with ease like Petr. i realize i have to work on my modeling and plan things better as I work. So it is a great learning experience. The next model I want to make controllable with the gamepad, so I will try to do it in parts that fit together.

That will give Petr something to work with to test out his new engine design for mission games.
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600

Hi,

yes, with [F12] it works.
    in this case it is easy to arrange it correctly back using thinEdge, as the luna stripe is on one polygon, mapped 1:1.
    But direct exporter support would be nice . I am sure Mike will get it working.

Thanks a lot,
    Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Yes, it renders fine, but when you look into the U/V editor, it looks like just one polygon is only mapped to the texture. But there are two materials with the same texture, so maybe the others (the rest of one side and the other side is mapped to the other texture. Have to check that.

Yes, the one texture is applied differently to each side and the one face they are applied to. They both were tweaked with Blenders controls to fit the space and have the correct rotation and to be read correctly from either side of The Bus.

There are 4 materials, 2 are just blender colors assigned. One white for the body, one black for the windows. I assigned a red color to the panels where the logo will go. Then I loaded the same texture into the other 2 red colored materials and then tweaked the texture settings to fit and orient properly.

When I get to the next model, I will texture bake again and see how that works with all the logos applied to one texture. That should make it a lot easier.

Hi Kent, I will fix the exporter so you can use more then one material with a texture.

BUT... you still have to use UV-Mapping. You used orthographic mapping and that only works for Blender, not for thinBasic.

Oh I see, thanks Mike. When you think about it, it does make sense, but nice to confirm it. Thanks, now that I got texture baking figured out again, I will do that as this way only one texture is required for the entire model. Can't beat that

But for other projects having the multiple texture export will be nice, especially if we do a whole set, like an interior with many objects and of course their texture maps. So a very useful feature for sure. Will be much appreciated!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.