Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: wiki

Re: wiki

Hi,

of course I would like to add something to story.
    I was excited by watching your ideas that I stopped my activity

But till now I had very just weird ideas

I will make a post in board dedicated to story...

Bye,
    Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Quote Originally Posted by kryton9
    Mike, just do what you want and we will all add to it. Don't feel like you are stuck with it.
    I don't feel stuck to it and will stop now. I'm happy if I don't have to do it. I will comment this more and detailed later, right now my son bothers me to much. When kids are sick they need a lot of intention. :

Hope your son gets better soon Mike. How old is he? I love kids, I unfortunately never got married and had any of my own. I had lots of fun helping my sister with her Son. I always wanted like 7 or 8 kids. I am a big kid inside, I still love to play with toys and daydream wild stories. So kids and I and animals get along really well.

So enjoy your time with your son. I know from my Nephew they grow up sooo sooo fast. Luckilly he is a great kid and we are still very close.
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Marc is 7, turning 8 in July. He has a bad head cold that doesn't wanna come out really fully. He's a joy and has so many interests. He allready plays Stronghold Legends very good, go figure. No wonder actually, as his mom plays it all the time.

Ok, back to my original reply:

since the story can be played by lead boy or girl
    As much I agree with you about having the choice of a male or female main character, then I want to throw in that it would double the amount of media to create when you wanna go with prendered movies (incl. spoken dialogs). Hell, it would be raise the size of the download substantialy (well, even one set of movies would do).

Better then it is either your idea of prerendered images that are played back in a certain way with a speaker telling a story (ala Homeworld) or just undertitles. Or an ingame mechanism to playback preanimated 3D scenes. But for that you would then need a tool to create these animations, I think I mentioned this before. This tool would allow other people to create animations too, so maybe that could be a goal.

The rest of my reply is kinda obsolete so I will not post it anymore. Yesterday Petr got the ball rolling again. I was kinda unsure if the project was still alife, as there was allmost no progress lately.

My son is Yari and will turn 8 in July
    He play TopDown3D and yesterday he did 1200 points ;D
    Ciao
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

That's great that you both have sons almost the same age!

Mike this project is here and will be finished. Its already come a long way. I think just before we get into the story based game we need to develop more of our engine. But the instant action game is nearly there.

we just need more music, ships, option screens for input choices and sound levels, and internet high score stat system and we will have the first full game of topdown out, at least the instant action level part of the game.

About the cut scenes and animations, yes if we could come up with an animation engine and just use models, it would definitly make the game file size smaller. Also could you imagine if we had a talking engine, so the talking could be all played from the computer and no sound files. So there are many aspects to the game we can work on before get the full story one really going. In addition to all the models and sets. But that is what is so great with our group effort, it sure beats trying to do all of this on ones own.
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Quote Originally Posted by ErosOlmi
    My son is Yari and will turn 8 in July
    He play TopDown3D and yesterday he did 1200 points ;D
    Ciao
    Which date? Marc was born on July 21st, 1999

July 15st, 1999
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Quote Originally Posted by kryton9
    About the cut scenes and animations, yes if we could come up with an animation engine and just use models, it would definitly make the game file size smaller. Also could you imagine if we had a talking engine, so the talking could be all played from the computer and no sound files. So there are many aspects to the game we can work on before get the full story one really going. In addition to all the models and sets. But that is what is so great with our group effort, it sure beats trying to do all of this on ones own.
    Do you mean a text to speech engine?

Eros,

1200 points is good result
    Still a lot to do till your hellish 6000 but ... we all have problem reaching it

Regarding speech engine - I am not sure about it, I am afraid it would sound quite artificial.
    Live human voice over is better. But maybe we could use it for alien race - for example set of 10 words or squeaks which would be randomly combined to create speaking alien

Bye,
    Petr

Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast