Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: wiki

wiki

Guys if you look at :
    http://gamedesign.wikidot.com/

They have a wiki area for projects. This might be a great way to work on our story character backgrounds, vehicle stats and capabilites etc. Documentation etc.

Let me know what you think?
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Re: wiki

No problem what ever you like is fine with me. Just please decide which one. I started yesterday to collect everything inside Celtx, but will stop now.

If you want to have a section on GDN for a specific project, let me know. I'm planning on hosting projects there for specific projects later and a test-case would be a good idea. -hartnell

Hi Mike,

is the celtix good ? They have even czech version ( and many other localised ) of it on pages so this seems nice.
    Wiki could be good too, but I don't knwo ... now we have TopDown board with many sections, then wiki, then celtx ... searching right solution is hard

Bye,
    Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

I like Celtx very much as you can easily see what you need, what you have, make comments, etc. It is a tool for script writers that also helps organizing a project. You can have the project online so each project member can work on it or at least get it. I will definately use it for a movie and also a game that I plan working on some day. But you are right, it may be to much for our little project. As long as we post organized our forum section, we should be fine.

So I say we should just use your forum here. As nice as the other community is, I don't like jumping from forum to forum.

I will now try to finish/paint out the storyline that Kent has started and fill it with life. It is very important for me to get the big picture when I want to start making content. I need to know exactly what I need and for what.
    Other than that it would be just a little here and there and nothing really serious. But I would be fine with that too. Then just ask what you guys need and I will see how I can help out.

Michael

I just wanted to point out the option. It is nice to have so many choices. Hartnell thanks for the offer to make an area for us. Maybe in some other future project then. I will definitly be checking there to see what you guys are working on.

Mike, I am very happy you are fleshing out the story. It will make it so much nicer to work and think about models and such. I was thinking do your writing and fleshing out the story and then Petr can take a look, add to it, edit it. Then after Petr, I will do the same. And then Back to you till we all say, yeagh this is great and kind of lock it down. But I am sure we will go around a few times to iron our smaller details on each pass. Thanks for keeping the ball rolling!!

Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600

Hi,

kryton, I also appreciate Hartnells offer and your idea !
    I just think for this project we could use resources we already have.

Bye,
    Petr

Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Sounds good Petr. Just wondering what cool things Mike is coming up with!!

Don't expect to much Kent Actually I thought you would go on with it as you started it originally. But I think I have to do the dirty job now

Mike, just do what you want and we will all add to it. Don't feel like you are stuck with it. I though since you came up with such good names for places, people that also gave you some story ideas. Mine was just to get it going, no absolutes with it. Petr has to chime in with some input to the story too and thoughts and we can go around in a circle till we are all happy with it.

I am sorry if I posted this before or just thought about it, but since the story can be played by lead boy or girl, and Marc is the boys name, I came up with 2 girl names that are similar. Marcy and Marcia, they don't have to be close to Marc, but it makes it easier and I know many parents like to name their kids with similar names like that, so not too unrealistic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast