Thread: Re: Unofficial Alpha 1.1

Re: Unofficial Alpha 1.1

Never heard of tugzip will check it out, thanks for the link Roberto.

Mike and Petr I would like to introduce some more elements to the instant action game mode than what we have now. For example Mike's Asteroids, where the game would be to dodge asteroids, they will be too stong to blow up, so you need to dodge them or one crash you are dead, intermixed we have enemy ships and the same thing for them. It they hit an asteroid they blow up.

Also I am going to model a drop ship to drop the big bomb into the scene. our guys has to shoot it before the enemy to get its effect. If the enemy shoot it, then we lose the bomb and have to wait for the next drop.

The problem is I don't know how to interject that much of a change in the game play. SO if you guys have an idea let me know. Think about it and possible other ideas. But I think with a few more additions and the instant action game play will be finished. Right now all I can think is to put a case statement or if else type structure to check for the game mode. If it is instant action 1 and 2 level play as now, if instant action 3, then it will skip the loop and will be done in the instant action level 3 level and then the same for level 4 or any others we come up with, well just thought of another one.... a giant capital ship with many many turret positions that our player has to take out as he flies over this mammoth ship, or maybe even around the ship on all sides?

Mike can't wait for great music, it adds a lot to the game.

I am also going to put in a secret hotkey that will tell us the background settings. So when we see a killer setup, the planet is awesome size, location and color, the background image is perfect, it will display that info and you can take a screenshot. Then when we have 8 or 10 levels whatever we decide can be these awesome preset backgrounds and then if the player survives that many levels then it can go into auto generate random backgrounds as it does now.

I have seen some incredible combos and wished I knew these settings to recreate them. So this should help.

I will work on the backgrounds and make more custom ones and scale some of the obvious ones down too.

Sorry this got long, just got excited again.

Thanks for the new features Petr, I am sure they will be subtle but great!!!

Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Great ideas Kent.

But I have to be picky now. With our new forum structure, I would have posted this inside the general or media section. Again, these are great ideas and will get lost over the time in this topic. If we want to get anywhere with TopDown (in the style you pictured before), then we really have to work organized (now that we have the forum structure).

Mike can't wait for great music, it adds a lot to the game.
    I'm sorry that it takes a while with TBDI but I started from ground zero with PowerBasic. And DirectInput. But once this is done, I will get back to modeling, music and trying to bring the story line you started into more shape. On Blendernations the had some news about Celtx. This can be used to plan out the story well and in a way, we can share it online.

Mike, I am terrible for posting in the wrong place. I don't know how to move things as a moderator, so please if you have experience go ahead and move it and organize it the way it should be. I will catch on and make an effort.

No rush on the music, I know you have your hands full and then some. Just wanted to show how much I enjoyed it and can't wait for the next new creations.
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Splitted and Moved.
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000