Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: TopDown with modified ship and YouTube video

Re: TopDown with modified ship and YouTube video

Looks good so far. I suggest you don't use the knife tool at all and try to work only with extrusion. This way the polys align perfectly and are all connected. But you matched the sprite perfectly. Great job. Finish that beast.

I came back yesterday to late to do something serious. I hope you guys don't mind. I will head to work today again so, it will take some time to finish the texturing. Sorry.

well, I had a really fun night and wanted to upload what I got done so far. I included the blender files and also the thinEdge files. I made a quick texture and was trying to figure out what is where. By looking at the bmp, you can get an idea. I also left the faint ship uv lines in the texture.

It makes you appreciate all the great models and texture you see in games. It does take lots of time it seems. In Blender you will see I am at something like 86 faces for the model, so that is why it is not anywhere as good as Mike's, well I had to blame my poor work on something

Off to sleep, who knows what wonders I will awake to if anything like yesterday, he he haha.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Cool model,

can't wait to see it in action
    I have no idea about knife tool, but it seems it made 4 vertices of one face to be not in the same plane. Maybe you could enable shading in the modeling viewport to be able to spot it before render.

Good night, I am going to watch the model you just attached.

Thanks,
    Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Nice work!,

especially the rocket launchers on wings must make enemies afraid!
    As the texture is quite darky, I will try to add some water surface behind the scene to make the contrast better.
    kryton, you are hardcore man, you posted it around 4 of morning of your time

Mike, no problem. Take your time and then we will be able to put planes to direct fight!
    At least I will have some time to prepare the script for "modelisation".

Bye,
    Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Yes, exactly. Petr is right.
    Time is your time and is one of the most important aspect of humans. It goes only in one direction and we cannot get it back.
    So no schedule to maintain at least here in thinBasic. Mike, all the time you will be able to give here it will a present for all of us.

Thanks
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

That was the low poly model and all the files to show how to use them in blender and then see the output in thinEdge, I will make a much better texture today, I was rushing yesterday. I will try to texture bake with radiosity and make the ship white and let the lighting add the gradients. Hopefully. Then if all that works will make a nicer model based on that design with a little more detail. More hopefuly later. Glad you liked the test model
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600

Oh My Did you guys see the new blender updates and site? Look at all the new features

http://www.blender.org/development/r...s/blender-243/

Good job Kryton. Here is what I have done. I hope it is ok as this is my first texturing job. The zip file contains the M15 file, the texture and the blend file. To be true, I modeled it inside Hexagon 2.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by kryton9
    Oh My Did you guys see the new blender updates and site? Look at all the new features

http://www.blender.org/development/r...s/blender-243/
    Yes, this is a huge update. How do I ever catch up with all these new features, never mind the basic stuff.

Ladies and gentlemens here we have a new master of the universe: Mr MikeHart !!!!

Thanks a lot Mike !
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast