Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: TopDown with modified ship and YouTube video

Re: TopDown with modified ship and YouTube video

Hey, do not forget mouse usage.
    It seems we are all keyboard addicted here
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Quote Originally Posted by ErosOlmi
    Wow, low poly but well designed !
    With the right texture, you won't even notice that the polycount is that low. Here is a more enhanced version with a little cockpit. It has 174 faces right now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Psch
    Cool stuff!,

low poly is good in this case, at least we can make megagalactic battles with lots of planes!
    It reminds me of TIE fighter from StarWars.

Could you texture it ? :P

I can modify the source for multiple kind of enemies, so everybody modeling now ! ;D

Bye,
    Petr

Cool, I'll try to texture it. But more tonight, as I have to do something with the family now. I'm curious what Kryton9 will come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by kryton9
    ... Thanks to you guys for such a wonderful example!! As you might know, I went through some game development in Delphi and now am learning C++ and to make something at this level is lots of work in those languages. Not that it isn't hard in thinBasic, but wow it is so much easier compared to those languages.
    All general purpose languages require a lot of code to do things. This is normal, they are not dedicated but must give all the power to make your dreams possible. C, C++ do this perfectly but you have to spend time to master them.

The trick is to have some dedicated library working on specific items. OpenGL is one of those.
    thinBasic try to achieve this using modules. Modules are extension of the main core language working on specific arguments in the best way possible giving programmers high level functions that do a lot with few lines of code. And TBGL does this in a wonderful way. Pretty sure Petr will give us a lot of new presents in future !

Ciao
    Eros
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Quote Originally Posted by Psch
    I can modify the source for multiple kind of enemies, so everybody modeling now ! ;D
    Thank you Petr!

This is fun ,

the new version with cockpit looks good!
    As you say - good texture makes a difference. And as the model looks good, with nice texture it will be perfect.

Maybe I could change the explosions to be temporary light sources, this could add on "atmosphere".

I am also very curious about krytons creations...

If you will keep the low face count in all models, it could result in very nice epic battles, running at great speed.

I can see thinBASIC execution speed raised a lot from times when I created the script. I remember that in those eldest misty times I could not go very high on particle count because the processing took some time. Now it is done very fast.

Bye,
    Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Wow, I went to sleep a few hours ago and wake up it seems like I slept a week. So much went on and you guys did so much!!

I need to go setup a computer for "my uncle" (very close friends of my Dad's and so like an Uncle to me), so won't be able to work on any modeling till tonight my time local. I will try to make Eros's Ship since Mike has done the ultra cool attack ships. I have not worked on low poly too much, I always try to model everything and never get anything done the way I like. This will be good as for games I know I have to master low poly modeling. Mike's model is great inspiration!!!

Sounds like when you guys are done with this game it will be one of my favorite space shooters!!!

Thanks, now to download and test out all your guys hard work!!!
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Hi kryton,

I am very curious about your models.
    Low poly is surprisingly quite difficult,
    I just add few details here and there and we are going high poly

Good luck with setup of the PC

Petr

Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

I am back home and thought about modeling the whole time. Anxious to model the blue player ship. Hope to have something in a few hours. I will try to match that ship instead of making my own design, it will help me stick to low polygons Very exciting to work on this. Thanks for the opportunity guys!
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600

Ok, got the player ship modeled. Now on to texturing fun. I included 2 shots of the model in Blender.

Adding this part later: Although the screen grabs looked good below. When I went to test render and add textures, I noticed a big problem. Just wanted to write in case any of you also are modeling to avoid the same mistake. My error: I used the knife tool to cut new edges into the model. This worked fine. The problem cropped up when I went to combine vertices that seemed redundant and that wouldn't effect the planar surface of the faces they affected. Well, I was wrong, although they look fine in the pictures below and on the screen. when I rendered, I was getting strange results. So if you use the knife tool, probably just better allowing it leave the new faces and edges in that it creates. I attached a picture showing what appears ok on the 3d screen, part of the uv editor and a small render that showed the error.

Now back to start over on the model and this time not remove what seems extra
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast