Thread: Looking 4 Thinbasic programmer in Phoenix for project

Looking 4 Thinbasic programmer in Phoenix for project

Hello, I'm computer literate but not up to speed on Thinbasic or how it would interface with Windows, etc.. If you know Thinbasic, how to install it and make it operate in the Windows environment, and you live in Metro Phoenix, AZ, then please reply. I would like to discuss paying for your time to get me going on a project. Thanks!

Re: Looking 4 Thinbasic programmer in Phoenix for project

If you get no one locally that can help, I am sure we here on the forums could help you out.

You just download and install thinBasic as simple as that for installation and it is made to be used with Windows
    or the console, so it integrates really well.

Good luck and let us know of any other questions or help needed.
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Hi,

also don't forget to check out SampleScripts subdirectory.
    There is large number of scripts, demonstrating various basic tasks.

What kind of application do you try to create ?

Bye,
    Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Hi Steven (hope this is you name, if not sorry).

Using thinBasic is quite easy and automatically integrates with Windows shell.
    Download thinBasic and install it. Just few steps, no info to supply of application to register (all free).
    After installation, all files with extension .tBasic or .tBasicc will be automatically recognized as thinBasic scripts.

thinBasic scripts are just standard text files. To write thinBasic script you can use any text editor (Notepad for example) but thinBasic provide a nice dedicated editor called thinAir. You will find thinAir has many unique features you will love (plus you can suggest us new one).

To execute a thinBasic script, just double click on .tBasic or .tBasicc files. Windows will pass them to thinBasic for immediate execution. From thinAir you can execute a script using "GO" toolbar button or pressing F5 key.

As suggested, have a look at SampleScript directory under thinBasic installation path. We have provided some examples in order to understand thinBasic power and easy to use.

Do not forget to have a look at help file. Almost all info are covered and many other help info will come.

Let us know what are you thinking to use thinBasic for. Maybe we can help here in thinBasic forum.

Ciao
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Thank you to everyone who responded !

I will try just downloading and seeing what happens. I've had some very bad experiences with free compilers in the past -- either they were not simple to use or they caused problems with my operating system that I could not debug or solve.

I am going to try it on my Win 98 system first, because if I lose that system to a crash, I won't be losing my livelihood ;-)

Still -- if there is somebody in Phoenix who knows ThinBasic, I'd be interested in some coaching. Using calls and commands that invoke the operating system (98 or XP) are totally new to me, both in their use and in their side effects.

Here's just one example: I see people referring to thinBasic "scripts." That kind of terminology takes me back to shell scripts in ages-old Unix environments, etc. I don't know if "scripts" is the same as the term "programs" or "source code files." This kind of variation in terminology is still confusing to me.

I appreciate all of your encouragement!

Hi,

thinBASIC on Win98 runs fine in all scripts I created.

I've had some very bad experiences with free compilers in the past -- either they were not simple to use or they caused problems with my operating system that I could not debug or solve.
    I don't know if you are not misunderstanding the nature of thinBASIC - it is not a compiler !
    thinBASIC is proud to be an interpreter. Although it might seem weird to you, it has advantages, like calling of functions by name specified in string expresion ( not obligatory, just useful option ).

Also, thinBASIC uses "modules" full of pre-compiled functions and statements. This, with incredible parsing speed, makes it very fast solution for most applications, even games

Bye,
    Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

IMPORTANT: has Petr stated, thinBasic is an interpreter not a compiler.
    No compilation or intermediate file generation takes place when using thinBasic. Just write a text file (script) and execute it on the fly.

So if you were searching for a compiler, this is not the place.
    If you were searching for an interpreter, easy to master, fast execution, full of functionalities, this is the place.

Ciao
    Eros

www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000