Hi Petr,

I tryed the 1.6.4 version and I got this error:

Ciao,
    Roberto
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://www.thinbasic.com

Re: RobotDuel - game for 2 players

Hi Petr,

I'm sorry, please discard my previous post because I was out-dated, now working fine @103FPS. :-[

Regards,
    Roberto

Quote Originally Posted by Psch
    P.S. Eros, when you'll have time, would it be possible to change "Returns: Number" to "Returns: QUAD" in help file for QueryPerformanceCounter and QueryPerformanceFrequency ?
    Petr,

almost all internal thinCore calculations are made using EXT numeric data type.
    When thinBasic encounter a generic NUMBER like in DIM MyVar as NUMBER in reality it creates an EXT data type. All functions declared to return a generic NUMBER in reality they return an EXT number. If you assign the return value of QueryPerformanceCounter or QueryPerformanceFrequency to a QUAD number, thinBasic takes care of relevant numeric conversions.

Ciao
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Hi,

Roberto, how could you live without latest fresh versions of tB with Math module? ;D
    Anyway, you jumped from 77 to 104 FPS ? I did not think the correction of AI "IF" statement and Math module optimization will have such a result

Eros, thanks for the information. I just wanted to express if someone does not use general "AS NUMBER" declaration and tries to use "exact" LONGs, SINGLEs ... instead of it to get the maxximal performance, he could be surprised like me. There could be also little problem for DOS extremists with their love for INTEGERs But now I get it and no other statement does any problems to me. So ... all is ok

Thanks,
    Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Hi Petr,

yes I discovered now why my life was becoming harder ;D
    As you can see Eros is careful and thrifty to distribute upgrade not only with the online guys :

Also I'm remained been impressed to have earned 26 FPS!
    However tomorrow I'll check better then I'll let you know.

Ciao,
    Roberto

Regarding FPS change, it all depends by the exact moment in which you get the screen picture. FPS can be very unstable in a short time period (let say few milliseconds). If you take the picture in a precise moment, just after few milliseconds FPS can be very different.

On my box I can go from 50 FPS to 150 FPS in just 1 second. Remember we are executing scripts and not pure machine code, so parsing and script interpretation is the hardest and most CPU consuming part.

I know thinBasic is very fast and sometime we have the impression to execute an EXE program but never forget we are executing scripts ;D

Ciao
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Hi,

I changed the ROBOTDUEL script for calculate the FPS average and letf the game running more time for 2+ minutes, so I can confirm the 100 FPS.

Ciao,
    Roberto

Hi,

thanks for the replies.
    Eros, you're right, FPS can vary. On my box the FPS deviation is not as brutal as on yours, its about 3 FPS up and down ( but I never achieve 150 ).

Roberto, thanks for information on FPS. I'm thinking about "Run Benchmark" mode for testing purposes.

Thanks,
    Petr
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Hi Petr,

I made a simple but efficient average calculation, you can see it in the attached code.

Ciao,
    Roberto

Attached Files Attached Files

Hi Roberto,

nice code. Can I integrate it to next release of RobotDuel ?

Thanks,
    Petr

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast