Thread: ThinBasic & stand-alone EXEs

ThinBasic & stand-alone EXEs

Hi,

I'm the owner of a quite notorius basic-like languages reference web site dedicated to basic compilers only:

www.basic.mindteq.com

I new about ThinBasic from a user. Althought ThinBasic is now an interpreter, I read that you plan to make a compiler too. Please let me know when you will start to develop the compiler so to include ThinBasic in
    the Basics page.

Regards.

ThinBasic & stand-alone EXEs

Hi mindteq.

Thanks for your interest.

I'm sorry but at the moment we have no short plan to move thinBasic from interpreted language to compiled language. Of course this is not a final decision but at least for 2006 no way.

We want to give our best for this project to have the best basic interpreter around. We are working hard to improve it every day, as you can see from our list of changes here. Every time a new bug is found or a request is made, we try to release immediate new version, the same day or in a couple of days. As programmers, we hate software that is updated too slowly. Software is always under construction otherwise it means it is dead.

In any case, if you think thinBasic can be an interesting project, we will support you in any possible way. Maybe a new section (interpreters ) in your nice web site can be welcome.

Thanks again
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000