Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: thinBasic interface under Microsoft visual C/C++ language

Re: thinBasic interface under Microsoft visual C/C++ language

Thanks Roberto, I have MS C++ Express and there is no such choice under FILE OPEN WORKSPACE.
    And it seems Express will not let you open files for dll's or to make them.

I will wait for the Delphi patch to come out, or if C# looks good after I watch some videos I might swith to that.
    I just can't warm up to C and C++, I have tried for many years, I did play with Turbo C in the early 1990's and it was fun reading
    the Borland Books and Herbert Schildt's C programming Books, but after that it was just too much code to write to do things that were so much easier in other languages.

Eros told me about FreeBasic and I remember Parker at Coding Monkeys had pointed out that language too, it is supposed to have OOP and is Basic, so that might be something to look at too. I just got it this week and will play with it. Will be interesting to see if I can make DLL's with that. Nice to have options again in programming.
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Roberto, I installed MS visual studio 2005 and couldn't get it to compile. The directions you gave me earlier and my results are exactly the same as my attempts with the express version.

I will attach screenshots of my menus so you can see that they are different. I couldn't find corresponding things according to your instructions. Any ideas?

Attached Images Attached Images
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600

Hi Kryton9,

I'll chek ASAP, but only with MS Visual Studio 2005 Express.

Ciao,
    Roberto
    http://www.thinbasic.com

The menus are the same as that is what I was trying with before and wanted to see if vs 2005 not express had the workspace in the file menu, but it didn't.

It will be neat to get it working with express as it is widely available and being promoted so well on microsoft's site.

Good luck, let me know how it goes, will be glad to try it out on both!!

Hi Kryton9,

I've splitted the SDK for MS Visual C++ into two child board, one (the old, these one) for MSVS 6.0 and the new for MSVC .NET.
    Actually the MS .NET compiler tested is the 2002 but I'll try some test with 2005.

If you want, please check also the MSVC 6.0 (sticky topic) because I updated also that SDK.

Ciao,
    Roberto

Thanks Roberto, with the new download from the first post, it worked. It also asked for thinC.dll, so I copied it to the folder along with the generated thinBasic_myC.dll and it worked!!

Will I need to include that thinC.dll in all cases in the future?

Kryto9,

using MSVS++ 6.00 SDK you have two choiche, Dynamic or Static.
    Dinamic or static is referred to how the THINC code is used from the c module that you are making.
    If you choose Dynamic, you must always include an provides the THINC.DLL with your ThinBasic module (aka .dll).
    Instead if you select the static project, the THINC.lib will be linked to your module, so no needed to include and provide the THINC.DLL.

Please note that the Dynamic or Static choiche is available only with MSVS++ 6.00 SDK.

Regards,
    Roberto

Thanks Roberto. It felt good to get good compiles with both. After I get into Delphi, I plan on learning C++ in earnest. I have been putting it off all of these years, when I know I should learn it, everything points to it it seems. But as I look into Delphi, it is popular and they are just a step behind in getting libraries into Delphi and OpenPascal.

I hope once I learn either, both of those languages I can contribute with nice modules in the future.

Kryton9,

your modules are welcome!
    I wish you good study and work.

Ciao,
    Roberto

Roberto, which c++ do you use daily? Do you run into aggravating problems getting your programs to run on different hardware or have you found a good balance in development environment and systems you write for?

Do you ever write stuff for linux also?

Just curious as I have gotten pretty confused with my c++ studies. Doing console apps, some simple opengl stuff, ok, easy enough to do, but when you try to bring in major third party libraries, then try to make it all work... it is a big mess. And compared to thinBasic, Delphi, Aurora, ibasic, just so much more code to write to do the same thing. The whole idea of reuseability seems to get lost with all the xtra work needed to be done. Maybe I am missing something in my learning, so just wanted to hear from someone who was happy using it. That is if you are that is

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast