Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: thinBasic interface under Microsoft visual C/C++ language

thinBasic interface under Microsoft visual C/C++ language

thinBasic allows C/C++ programmers to develop their own thinBasic modules. Modules are special dll that are loaded dynamically by thinBasic engine during scripts execution. Modules can be used to implement new thinBasic functionalities adding new keywords to the language or interfacing external programs.
    We provide static thinC.lib and dinamic thinC.DLL plus thinC.lib for linkage purpose, so MS Visual C/C++ programmers could choose to use external interface .DLL or embed it into their own thinBasic Modules.

Plase find here attached interface file with a simple module example, for Microsoft C++ compiler.

Feel free to ask here in case of any question on module development.

Regards
    Roberto
    Attached Files Attached Files
    http://www.thinbasic.com

Re: thinBasic interface under Microsoft visual C/C++ language

The zip file says the file is not located on this server.

I can't believe I never looked in these section of the forums, I am trying out the various sdk's to see if I can use any of them.
    I know I posted many questions that could have been answered by looking here and doing some research, sorry about that.
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600
    Raspberry Pi 3: Raspbian OS use for Home Samba Server and Test HTTP Server

Hi Kryton9.

You can find all interface SDK under \thinBasic\SDK directory after thinBasic installation. Those are always the up to dated files.
    Roberto will delete the file originally attached to this post.

Thanks
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Oh OK, thanks Eros, will check those out then
    Acer Notebook: Win 10 Home 64 Bit, Core i7-4702MQ @ 2.2Ghz, 12 GB RAM, nVidia GTX 760M and Intel HD 4600

Well, I tinkered with all the C type SKD elements, my report:

MSC++: Using VS C++ express, I had no luck. I keep getting all sorts of errors. I configured the paths to the directories, I even put the SDK folder on the root of drive C, I noticed that in Borland the file paths were getting too long for it to use.

Borland C++, I thought I had C++ 5, but I just had C++ builder from 1997. Anyways once I got the path situation figued out, I couldn't get it to compile a dll either with all sorts of errors.

Dev-C++: Success, I got this one to work. Maybe it says something about DevC++ compared to the others.

Maybe you guys can make a video using VSC++ express and show how you can compile the sample DLL from the SDK, the same for all the SKD units, it would be informative.

I was going to record my attempts, but figured they would be long videos and didn't want to do them unless you guys wanted them.

I will tinker with Dev-C++ tonight since it was the only one to work for me

Hi Kriton,

sorry I'm not able to do a video (I do not have your director abilities), but if you give me the details of MSC++ errors I can help you.

Ciao,Roberto

Hi kryton,

I can confirm it works using BCC 5.5, thanks to Roberto's advices before many months
    Also check out MASM SDK

Bye,
    Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Maybe my version of Borland C++ is too old to get it working. I thought it was version 5 but it is not.

I will make a video showing me trying to make the dll within MS C++ express, I will try to be quick so the video is not too long.
    Hopefully we can catch what I am doing wrong. Thanks for the responses guys.

Ok, I recorded a video today trying to use the SDK in MS C++. I decided not to post it as it is long about 26 mbs. But I noticed somethings I didn't yesterday.

1. I got a message that in MS C++ Express, you can't edit dll files. There is no option to make or build them either. I was just pressing the green run button yesterday.

When I did that I got the error I got yesterday:
    Compiling...
    thinBasic_myC.c
    Compiling resources...
    Linking...
    LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '\thinBasic\Lib\thinBasic_myC\MS-C++\thincore.lib'

The problem is my SDK is in the root C directory, and I set up my directories to look in C:\SDK\thinBasic C SDK\MS-C++\Lib\ folder not in the thinBasic folder. So it must be reading this information from one of the files, but I couldn't find which one.

But it doesn't matter as the express version does not allow dll creation it seems.

Does Ebasic work to make dll's for thinBasic. If it works, I could always use that as I have iBasic Standard and can make the change over to Ebasic probably pretty easilly. I am not sure if FreeBasic allows dll creation. I did download it and start to play with it.
    I am having problems getting dll's to download that match the library versions freebasic supports and I don't enough about the whole process yet to figure out how to adjust.

So I will work with Turbo Delphi and of course, the new C# and XNA videos from 3dBuzz might swing me over to c#, I did like it too and XNA with all the libraries are there to do almost anything. I will definitly watch those when they come out. It will be nice to settle on a compiled language and really learn it like I am doing with thinBasic as my scripting language.

Hi Kryton9,

to solve the compilation problem with MS VC++ please do the following steps:

• Open Microsoft Visual C++
    • From Menu FILE choose OPEN WORKSPACE and open the thinBasic_myC workspace/li]
      • From Menu PROJECT choose SETTINGS
      • Chose settings for: ALL CONFIGURATIONS
      • Click on LINK TAB
      • Look at OBJECT/LIBRARY MODULES and find the THINCORE.LIB then change the path according your SDK path

Ciao,
      Roberto

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast