Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: about RUST

Hi Primo,

I agree that the new raw graphic APIs do ask for a great amount of knowledge from the user. I actually perceive the hardcore trend as positive one, as it allows those, who need maxx power to reach it (very hard 5 years ago), and I consider it responsibility of abstractions to provide the nice-to-use interface.

It is a not a problem to implement own glRotate, glTranslate - they are just manipulation of the matrix:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rotation_matrix
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Translation_(geometry)

It is hard to read code full of matrix implementations, the learning curve is not as steep with glRotate / glTranslate like functions.

I recommend to write such a wrappers, I did the same in entity system in TBGL - it does not use any glRotate/glTranslate internally.

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Hi all,
    What's your opinion about Nim ? Its also a system programming language. Python like syntax with C like power and speed. And it is coming with GC also. I just tried it. Looks very nice to me.

Hi kcvinu,

I had a look at Nim - do like the Pythonish syntax. The drive of the Rust community seems bigger to me, so I stick to my rusty love :P

Yet - I am glad to learn more about Nim. Could you please open new thread and let us know what you like most?

P
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

@Petr
    Sure.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Members who have read this thread: 1