Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Tbo2

Thanks Eros,
    That make sense, and in this case the [ ] is more suitable to use than as an example a pure Space or " " or ( ). and it is easy to remove with Remove$ function if we want.
    Last edited by primo; 10-07-2018 at 15:47.

I will try to get a current Script BASIC Windows 32 bit Inno install posted on the scriptbasic.org forum for those interested in updating their toolbox.
    Last edited by John Spikowski; 10-07-2018 at 19:21.
    ScriptBasic Project Manager
    Project Site
    support@scriptbasic.org

I have uploaded to the Script BASIC forum a current Windows 32 bit Inno install of Script BASIC. Let me know if you have any issues with it.

DOWNLOAD
    Project Site
    support@scriptbasic.org

Thanks John, i have tested the setup with windows xp/32 and windows 7/x64.
    my notes:
    1- the setup add c:\scriptbasic\bin to the end of the path on the 2 systems. so i can run scriba from any console
    2- using the provided IDE we can open any *.sb file and run it even if the file on the Desktop.
    3- if we write some code in the IDE and then saving it with save. then run it, it will give error this:
    error &H44: The file can not be read
    when we check we don't find the file, ie the file does not saved
    4-run the example cio_colors.sb from console and we will see the color show, but run it from the IDE and we will see the output on the bottom of the IDE as numbers without color like this 010203040506070809010011012013014015016... and not to a console.
    5- the example com_99beers.sb since it is a SAPI voice, if we run it as it is it will stay too much time and we can't exit it, so if there is an interruption routine such as pressing ESC to exit will be fine.
    i have changed it to FOR beers = 6 to 1 STEP -1

Thanks for the feedback. The Windows path for SB should have been set by the install. The cio_colors.sb example is a console only example. If you run iup_web_dict.sb from the console, use sbwin.exe rather than scriba.exe as it has theming and isn't a console program. The SAVE issue is a new one for me. I'll see what's going on there. Good point about 99 beers. It needs a way to exit. This demo was added as a last minute inclusion and I didn't give it much thought.

@Eros - Can you split this thread where it became SB centric to the 'Other Scripting Languages' board?

Update:

SAVE seems to be working. Use New and create the file in the directory you want. Write your code and hit Save. The New function allows you to enter a filename in the OPEN (?) dialog if you don't select an existing script. This creates a blank file with the name you entered. default.sb will load into the IDE on startup if one exsits.

I think we can do a better job with this!
    Last edited by John Spikowski; 15-07-2018 at 03:51.
    Project Site
    support@scriptbasic.org

Use New and create the file in the directory you want. Write your code and hit Save ..
    Thanks John, yes this works. it is a handy IDE for the quick tests and for Debugging the code. we can use also Geany IDE for writing and testing the code.
    Last edited by primo; 15-07-2018 at 05:12.

I use Ultra Edit. I only use the debugger if I want to single step through a script and look at variables

PRINT "Got Here!\n" is the debugger I use most offen.

If you mouse over a variable name in your code while in debug mode, it shows its current value.

There is a text file that defnes extension module function/sub calls and the required arguments that will pop up as an Intellisense helper. There is only a couple extension modules defined in this release. Feel free to expand on it and I will include it in the next release build.
    Last edited by John Spikowski; 15-07-2018 at 09:25.
    Project Site
    support@scriptbasic.org

Hi Eros,

Any news on your work using O2 for thinBasic extension modules?

I would love to work with you on DLLC as it can benefit thinBasic as well as Script BASIC.

* Dynamic FFI
    * Vitual DLL functions
    * Low level COM
    * Create / access C structures and variables
    * more ...
    Last edited by John Spikowski; 21-07-2018 at 07:07.
    Project Site
    support@scriptbasic.org

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.