Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Accesing this forum

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    I thought I'd add something to this topic. I usually access the site through the Tapatalk App but for the past few weeks haven't been able to do so. So I tried to access the site using the Firefox Focus browser but couldn't. Apparently both apps seem to think that the forum should be using a https connection rather than http. I'm currently posting this using the K-Meleon browser on my laptop.
    Ciao matthew

I'm writing this post from Firefox 55.0.3 and seems ok.

Regarding Tapatalk I removed few weeks ago because it was the reason why there was a forum redirection.
    I had installed not the latest version of Tapatalk and its code was buggy.

I will recover Tapatalk asap.

Ciao
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Have applied a certificate to thinbasic [dot] biz host, the host where I publish beta versions.
    So from now on it will be https

I've changed thinBasic beta 1.10.4 post changing the link in first post post of the thread
    Let me know if it creates some problems.

I'm checking how to do the same with thinbasic [dot] com but quite complex to switch due to many customization I've done in physical server.
    Maybe I will move all. Checking all the needed steps.

Ciao
    Eros
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

How to post

My first access to the forum and can't see how to start a new post etc so only avenue was to reply to an existing thread - someone will point me in the correct direction.

Just installed thinBasic and run the "Hello World" code and it is fine.
    However when I try to "Bundle script: create Exe ..." my virus checker (Trend Micro MaximumSecurity) intercepts the output and removes the file.
    Any clues ? I am assuming it is a false positive but don't want to continue just in case.

Threat: TROJ_GEN.R00XC0OG717
    Source: Virus
    Affected Files: C:\Users\Greg\AppData\Local\Temp\{4…\ThinBasic_Bundle_UI1.exe
    Response: Removed
    Detected By: Real Time Scan

(Just as annoying, Trend Micro removes intalled .exe files from Hotbasic that I also am looking at using - it considers them to have the HEU_AEGISCS986 threat !)

Inside each Forum you should see a big blue button on top and bottom of the list which states "post new thread"

try the latest thinbasic 1.10.04 and the TrendMicro will say the bundle is clean. i have uploaded the bundled version of cbCalculator.tbasic to www.virustotal.com and 5 say it is infected while 65 say it is clean including the TrendMicro and TrendMicro-housCall and all famous antivirus tools

Ciao Greg,

regarding virus, I too have Trend Micro Office Scan Corporate Edition at office and get same alert few days ago.
    I'm waiting my IT will submit file at Trend for false positive.

TROJ_GEN.R00XC0OG717 is a generic virus identification mainly driven by the fact that ThinBasic_Bundle estract some dll and Exe in user temp directory and than create executable.

You didn't say what thinBasic version you have used, this can help me to understand better and try to find a solution.
    I will release in few days a new thinBasic version. Sometimes AV scanning is resolved just because the new version changed something.

Thanks for reporting.

Ciao
    Eros
    Last edited by ErosOlmi; 11-10-2017 at 18:55.

False Positive with Trend Micro

Hi,

I uninstalled thinBasic_1.9.16.17 and downloaded and installed the latest 1.10.4.0 but get the same behaviour from Trend Micro Maximum Security v11.1 when compiling the Hello World code:

Threat: TROJ_GEN.R00XC0OG717
    Source: Virus
    Affected Files: C:\Users\Greg\AppData\Local\Temp\{5E8D3BC8-A88F-45…\ThinBasic_Bundle_UI1.exe
    Response: Removed
    Detected By: Real Time Scan

Thanks for the "how to start a new thread". I entered from the link to an existing thread and the only option was to Reply to Thread rather than entering a forum where Post new Thread can be seen.

Hi Greg,

here in my office latest Trend updates seems let passing thinBasic 1.10.5.0 Bundling I'm still working on.
    I will release 1.10.5 in few days.

Ciao
    Eros

TrendOK.JPG

For an unknown reason, I have had a nasty time trying to get to the forums for a while now. Posted the message I get on Charles's forums, but seems I am the only one with the issue. Working today.
    Anybody willing to help with graphics and models for a game in TB, please send me a PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345