Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Accesing this forum

There was a time many years ago, when one forum I visited had added google adwords and it would cause Chrome to crash anytime I visited the forum. Adwords crashing Chrome back then was why I started using an adblocker.

Perhaps to prevent future issues, for questionable links, the poster could code them:

http://www.googleisawesome.com

That may get by the bots. No idea what the above url goes to, so don't visit it.

The notice mentioned downloading software. It may think you are tricking visitors into downloading thinBasic? Or perhaps some controversial youtube links I posted in the ShoutBox are considered not relevant to a programming forum, and dangerously subversive!

That's the problem: you do not know where to look at

Anyway, Charles you forum seems down with the following error:
    Table './O2_Forum/smf_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Hi Eros,

I saw that all of John's forums were down a few hours ago. I don't know what the sessions table does exactly but I was unable to access its records and emtying it has cleared the problem. Sorry for any inconvenience. Can't pin the blame on Google

After a long nap, it is still giving me that lovely screen. A shame you can't whitelist sites in Firefox.

after the red alert and after clicking several confirmations that i am not a robot ( street signs exam) i have reported that thinbasic site is safe.
    google needs to repair itself. but you have done the correct precautions Eros, since google does not say anything why it is behaves like that exactly, and what is the ip of the persons who have reported that this site is unsafe, is it just any one even a small kid can talk anything and they believe him !!!!
    it is may be they are getting mad , i read yesterday that there is a new virus demands victims to send their nude pics instead of Bitcoin. the virus prohibit the user from login on his computer.
    Last edited by primo; 26-09-2017 at 06:09.

Thanks to all.
    So far we have to wait until Google next scan and see if we pass the exam or not.
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

OK, Google did a new scan but nothing.

This time they reported some pages where (based on their rules that no one know) the problem is.

One is a post from primo where he linked openlibrary,org. I un-approved the thread.
    The other one is an old thread that sincerely didn't had any external link, anyway I un-approved it as well..
    Now I've requested a new scan.

Now going to work to have some rest

seems "G" don't like my description about how to get pages from OL ebks using FF browser even the description is too fuzzy . this is a complete dictation of the web. on this line we expect they will scan our bodies, our selves, through an electronic chip transplanted inside our bodies every 6 hours and if we pass the exam they will give us a digital certificate to be able to buy and sell and even to renew the passport. dark future.
    Last edited by primo; 26-09-2017 at 11:12.

I just had to deal with that form again, really blasted Google in it and can't repeat what I said as I am sure the language used would violate forum rules.

Google has long forgotten "DO NO EVIL". I have used Bing for years because of Google's skewed results with paid placement for listings in search results. Bing just works and gives me what I am searching for. I long ago ditched Chrome and as soon as I can afford some web hosting of my own, I will be getting my own email server back up and running and I will ditch Gmail for good. They have destroyed Youtube and put many self-employed people out of work with their extreme censorship. There is nothing good or remotely redeeming about Google nowadays.

Telling somebody what they can or can't have on their own site? Especially when there is nothing remotely illegal on it? Google's Gestapo tactics have to be stopped, before they completely destroy the Internet.
    Last edited by Kuron; 26-09-2017 at 13:26.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast