Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hello again

thinBasic MVPs

hello again

hi guys
    am currently in Manila (Philippines) in some internet-cafe, just wanted to say hello am still alive but here in the philippines life is very hard compared to germany. People receive salaries very low, for 20 Euro the average worker here works 3 or more days while this is the salary for 1 hour in germany. I started a small business here together with the Filipina who is my wife but as said it's really hard to earn some pesos but i am decided to stay here with her in the philippines and live a simple life.
    I think there are missing some Forum-sections as beta-testing and support

hello ReneMiner I hope you are able to watch this
    Last edited by jack; 16-06-2017 at 17:12.

Ciao Renè,

wow, what a decision. I wish you and your wife all the best.
    Look this adventure at least with a medium time window.
    First period must be the hardest I suppose but in reality I've no idea.
    You are very courageous, that's sure.

Ciao
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Good luck and all the best to you Rene.

Dear Rene,

what a news - my best wishes!
    Life is full of surprises, I keep my fingers crossed for you two!

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

thinBasic MVPs
    I will try to get a job as a programmer here in the philippines now, driving here as foreigner is very risky, many think i would be a rich man, provoke accidents and blame me when the police appears. Tinted windows help a bit

Better i work in some office here. Therefore i have to write some resumee and i could need some recommendations that i am capable of operating a computer - means i have experience developing desktop applications...
    Of course i would introduce thinBasic in the philippines and the pinoy will be thrilled - especially about the costs

Currently i dont even have a computer of my own any more so i have to post using the phone or go to an internet-café.

Anyway if someone here remembers me and could help me with some recommendation so i can find a job as programmer please send it as PM.

Alternative for me i will have to work as a call center agent and sell flowers or food supplement to old ladies in australia, europe and the US or entertain calls of worried AT&T-clients or similar

Ciao Renè,

good luck for you new adventure. On my eyes, you are my hero: making a so big change in your life ... is so hard and brave.

If you post here you CV, we can add recommendations based on your skills.
    Many here know your huge skills in thinBasic, you have done some code I could not believe it could be possible, especially with pointers and dynamic memory handling but ... I do not think thinBasic is known as a possible skill over there

Or maybe you can also create a profile in LinledIn and we can add also there some recommendations.
    Here my LinkedIn frofile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/erosolmi/
    If you create yours, we can join and I can add my recommendation.

Ciao
    Eros
    Last edited by ErosOlmi; 29-08-2017 at 10:40.
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Hi Rene,

I support the idea with LinkedIn, I will write you recommendation there!
    You can get inspired here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/petr-sch...5a32570/?ppe=1

While thinBasic is probably not that known, please list it there along with skills such as:
    • software design
    • software architecture
    • user interface
    • accelerated 2D/3D graphics

You are one of the few who are able to deisgn and develop a larger system - take for example your GUI library in TBGL.
    You could also (optionally) raise your glory by publishing some code at GitHub - for example that GUI library would be fantastic candidate - complex and cool.

@Eros- maybe we could add ThinBASIC as organization at LinkedIn?

Petr
    Last edited by Petr Schreiber; 30-08-2017 at 08:33.
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Linked is definitely a good choice. Good luck!

thinBasic MVPs
    Hi guys,
    I would if i could but currently i don't even have the 10 php (philippine pesos, 60 pesos is around 1 euro) to sit 1 hour in an internet-café. Just using the mobile phone of my wife. Really a very difficult situation here while we are waiting for some documents to be processed.
    I dont know how we can survive currently and until i have a working permit, job and first salary it will take time. I hate to ask this but is anyone of you able to help me out with a few euros?

Optional if one of you has access to electronic devices as metal detectors that are able to detect some yellow shiny metal (Gold - no joke!) please p.m.
    Really guys i need help
    Last edited by ReneMiner; 01-09-2017 at 13:16.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.