Thread: thinBASIC domain

thinBASIC domain

I got mail below regarding someone, "TBIFAN Holdings Ltd", seems trying to register thinbasic in some Asian domains.
    Actually I'm registrant of thinbasic.com, .net, .org

Of course I cannot effort to buy all that domains, I also think this is a try to convince to me to by that domains.
    I didn’t find any “TBIFAN Holdings Ltd” anywhere so I will just do nothing and see what will happen.

Ideas?

Sent: Wednesday, April 5, 2017 3:35 PM
    To: Eros Olmi <eros.olmi@thinbasic.com>
    Subject: Re: RE: "thinbasic"
    Importance: High

Dear Eros Olmi,

Thanks for your confirmation. As soon as receiving the application of that company, we checked and found "thinbasic" is your company's using name. We are concerned that your name might be affected negatively by their applications, this is why we informed you. Following brand name and domain names are applied by that company:
    Brand Name:
    thinbasic
    Domain Names:
    thinbasic.asia
    thinbasic.us
    thinbasic.in
    thinbasic.cn
    thinbasic.org.cn
    thinbasic.com.cn
    thinbasic.tw
    thinbasic.hk
    thinbasic.com.hk
    thinbasic.kr
    thinbasic.jp
    You know that the domain names registration is open in the world, that company also has the right to apply for the available domain names. You only have the preferential rights to register them.
    At present, we haven't passed their application, we need your opinion. If your company consider these names of importance to your company's business or interest, i suggest that your company register these names first so as to avoid confusion or speculation. Of course, each company has their own idea. If you don't think their application will affect your company in the future, then my suggestion is your company give up these names so that we can finish registering for them as per our duty. Please give me your company's decision as soon as possible in order to handle this issue better.

Best Regards
    Robin Bu
    Service Manager
    Tel:0086.(0)551.63491 193 Fax:0086.(0)551.63491 192

----- Original Message -----
    To: Robin Bu
    Date: 2017-04-05, 13:15:11
    Subject: RE: "thinbasic"

Hi Robin,
    No, I do not authorize.
    thinBasic is not a registered trademark but I develop a software named thinBasic (a programming language).
    I’ve registered that domain name (.com, .net, .org) since many years and I will continue to go on.
    Regards
    Eros Olmi
    Sent: Wednesday, April 5, 2017 5:32 AM
    To: support@thinbasic.com
    Subject: "thinbasic"
    Importance: High
    Dear Sir or Madam,
    This is the official confirmation, please review and reply it carefully. Today, our center received an application from TBIFAN Holdings Ltd applying to register "thinbasic" as their brand name and some top-level domain names(.CN .HK etc). After our careful investigation, We found the main body of domain names is same as yours. As a professional registrar, We are obligated to inform you of this situation.
    We are handling the application and we need to confirm whether or not you authorize them to register them? Let me know your answer ASAP so as to solve this promptly. Thanks for your cooperation.
    Best Regards
    Robin Bu
    Service Manager
    Tel:0086.(0)551.63491 193
    Fax:0086.(0)551.63491 192
    Address:No.2 Building,Wanda Square,WuHu Road,Hefei China
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

i think they are money collectors, and most likely they do the same thing with other victims. so beware of paying a registration for a 20 or more domains. suppose there is thinbasic.cho whats the point, it has nothing to do with programming , and who will type thinbasic.cho with the intention to access thinbasic.com , it is just a fake site maintained by the money collectors in the hope the owner of the "thinbasic" body will pay them in the future and then keep paying every year forever.

Ha ha aha... Different kinds of looting techniques.