Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does ThinAir supports Unicode ?

Thank you Uzulo very much, yes it works
    unicode.JPG
    but i can't display the languages in the ThinAir ide, it is displayed like nButRu = "??? ?, ???????!", so i have used the notepad and then saved the file as utf-8 and then perform from the dos prompt: thinbasicc test.txt
    Last edited by primo; 27-08-2016 at 11:36.

Primo,

1. Seems like the ThinAir IDE doesn’t — so far — support the UTF-8 encoding: you can choose a font, but it doesn’t help much.
    In addition to Notepad, you could also use such editors as Notepad2 or Notepad++ for writing your programmes: they do support UTF-8.

2. From your nice picture I can see that right-to-left (RtL) text support (needed to display e. g. Yiddish and Persian correctly) is not installed on your system. If you need it, you can just switch it on (through Control Panel >> Regional Options).

Uzulo

Thanks a lot Uzulo for helping.

Just to let you know I'm working on this side. Not just round the corner but in few weeks I will be able to release a thinAir working on UTF-8. I've already started to work on it switching editor control thinAir uses from very old CodeMax (ascii only) to Scintilla edit control that supports UTF-8 and other encoding.

Attached an example.

More work will require to add wide string support to user interface controls and console.
    Will see.

Ciao
    Eros
    Attached Images Attached Images
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Hi ErosOlmi,
    It's a glad news and i am waiting for the new release. Yes Scintilla is correct choice. I am suggesting some more features if you don't mind.
    • Automatic insertion of end keywords like "End If, Next, End Function, End Select". I mean just like Visual Studio.

There is already something, not automatic, that insert code blocks.
    Right click where you want a block of predefined code and use "Insert code block ..." --> chose the code block you want to insert.
    See image

I will study automatic insertion when I will release new thinAir with Scintilla features.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Configuration of code blocks are inside the following file: \thinBasic\ThinAir\Syntax\thinBasic\thinBasic_Blocks.ini

Personalized code blocks can be added using user file: \thinBasic\ThinAir\Syntax\thinBasic\thinBasic_Blocks_Usr.ini
    So if you have some block you would add to right click, insert them into this file, just copy and amend a block from official file.

Official files like thinBasic_Blocks.ini are always rewritten when a new thinBasic instalaltion takes place.
    While user files like thinBasic_Blocks_Usr.ini are not rewritten when a new thinBasic installation takes place.

Hi ErosOlmi,
    Yeah, i saw it. It can insert code blocks. But you can easily add the automatic feature in scintilla. When a user presses enter key, check for the current line and get the starting keyword. Add a new line and a tab space and again a new line. Insert the appropriate end keyword there. And move the cursor to upward so that user can start typing. When checking for current line, please check if there is "()" for a function and "Then" for an "If".
    You can add a feature to arrange the code when each enter key press. For example, fixing the unnecessary spaces, adding proper spaces, fixing capital letters. These features make thinAir a state of the art IDE.

thinBasic MVPs
    kcvinu, guess you want a functionality of some auto-complete-feature as my thinICE-project has.

If you type "End " it will automatically suggest

Const, ControlID, Function, If, Select, Sub, Type, Union, With...

depending on what is actually to end.

Also I vote for some more project-oriented makeover of the thinAir-codebrowser...

It still prefixes functions below "End Type" with the type-name of the type above and a dot.
    I think there are missing some Forum-sections as beta-testing and support

ReneMiner,
    I didn't understand what is ThinICE. Is that an IDE or a GUI library ?. Sorry for my ignorance. I didn't find any executables in that zip file except TBGL_Requester. It only asks for a screen resolution and keyboard language. When i click done, it disappears. Then i saw the readme file. Read a few lines and understood that it is something else. When i get enough time to play with it, i will check what it can do with my thinBasic project. Thanks.

thinBasic MVPs
    just run thinICE.tBasic.
    Either from Explorer, from thinAir - or even from command prompt if you like to tuck it in.

The executeable in there is just to request screen-resolution and keyboard-layout. It get's started only the first time you run thinICE.tBasic and saves the settings to current APP_Inifile which is thinICE.ini in that case.

It's an "IDE" for thinBasic written in thinBasic but i called it "ICE" since its not an
    "Integrated Developing Environment" but some "Inconvenient Coding Environment"

- it has no visual designer for UI-module but a lot of detailed code- and variable-overview, autocomplete and other features.
    - it's unlike thinAir - which allows to load any tBasic, tBasicU, tBasicI, tBasicC-scriptunit - more project-oriented so you can load a tBasic-file and it will load all included files by itself so it knows all the variables, udts etc.
    - currently thinICE is a source of ideas how i would improve thinAir - nevertheless it's meant to type scripts as fast and as free of bugs as possible
    Last edited by ReneMiner; 29-08-2016 at 15:04.
    I think there are missing some Forum-sections as beta-testing and support

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12