Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: thinBASIC 1.9.16.X

Thanks, solved.
    Will be present in next update.

In the module equates are defined as the following and usually first byte of the name is used to determine if it is a string ($) or a numeric (%).
    I can force the type passing specific type (see M_Pi) but I missed to specify the type for M_Zero.
    And it had no % in front of the name so variable was skipped.

Variable_ADD_Equate "M_Pi"          , ""      , 3.141592653589793##, %ArrayType_Ext
    Variable_ADD_Equate "M_e"           , ""      , 2.718281828459045##, %ArrayType_Ext
    Variable_ADD_Equate "M_Zero"        , ""      , 0##
    Variable_ADD_Equate "%Zero"         , ""      , 0##

Now I've change to:
    Variable_ADD_Equate "M_Zero"        , ""      , 0##, %ArrayType_Ext

www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Eros,

do you think you would have time to fill in the documentation for Year, Month, Day, Hour, Minute, Second, Now functions?
    The first 6 seem to cooperate nicely with Now, but not with Date$ for example (Month returns Day actually).

It is also possible to call Year, Month, Day, Hour, Minute, Second without arguments, but then they return zero.
    What about making them return components of Now directly instead.

Use case:
    I wake up with question in my mind "Oh my god, what year is this?" and calling Year would give me answer...

Petr
    Last edited by Petr Schreiber; 05-11-2015 at 08:22.
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Quote Originally Posted by Petr Schreiber View Post
    do you think you would have time to fill in the documentation for Year, Month, Day, Hour, Minute, Second, Now functions?
    The first 6 seem to cooperate nicely with Now, but not with Date$ for example (Month returns Day actually).

It is also possible to call Year, Month, Day, Hour, Minute, Second without arguments, but then they return zero.
    What about making them return components of Now directly instead.
    Sure, next version will have.

Use case:
    I wake up with question in my mind "Oh my god, what year is this?" and calling Year would give me answer...
    To have such a wake up needs, it means you had a nasty night, isn't it?
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Damn! You are much better than me in programming ... grrrr

Using this thread for your project does not give merit to your work.
    This post will pass but it would be nice your code remain as a project.

If you like, I can create a dedicated forum for this project under http://www.thinbasic.com/community/f...-User-projects
    If yes, just give me the name and forum will your as moderator.
    Last edited by ErosOlmi; 05-11-2015 at 20:08.

Little bug found - not a serious one, as it can be workarounded, but it is change from 1.9.15.0 behavior:
    Function TBMain()

If TRUE Then
        Stop
      End If           

End Function

...the STOP will cause MSGBOX error. It is also interesting, that it causes no error at all, if used outside function:
    If TRUE Then
      Stop
    End If

Petr
    Last edited by Petr Schreiber; 10-11-2015 at 20:10.
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Eros,

to prove we take stability of ThinBASIC seriously, I think it is good idea to keep the regression set public at GitHub.
    I have already started this here: https://github.com/ErosOlmi/ThinBASI...ssion/1.9.16.x

Simple rules:
    - one directory with tests per version A.B.C.x (in this case 1.9.16.x)
    - one tests_<module>_<feature>.tBasicU file in tests directory per command/feature (in this case tests_Core_ArrayExtract.tBasicU, ...)
    - tests can be launched easily from the root of version folder (in this case by running regression_1_9_16_X.tBasicU)
    -- it performs automatic test discovery, so just adding files to tests folder following the tests_<module>_<feature>.tBasicU pattern is enough.

Try to run, it will show problems with Array Extract and Contains I recently discovered + 1 more.

This way it will be easier to check we did not break anything in future + allows users who want to join to get creative and broaden the regression set.

Petr
    Last edited by Petr Schreiber; 10-11-2015 at 21:24.

Little bug found - not a serious one, as it can be workarounded, but it is change from 1.9.15.0 behavior:
    Function TBMain()

If TRUE Then
        Stop
      End If           

End Function

...the STOP will cause MSGBOX error. It is also interesting, that it causes no error at all, if used outside function:
    If TRUE Then
      Stop
    End If

Petr
    Fixed will be present in next release.

Eros,

to prove we take stability of ThinBASIC seriously, I think it is good idea to keep the regression set public at GitHub.
    I have already started this here: https://github.com/ErosOlmi/ThinBASI...ssion/1.9.16.x

Simple rules:
    - one tests_<module>_<feature>.tBasicU file in tests directory per command/feature (in this case tests_Core_ArrayExtract.tBasicU, ...)
    - tests can be launched easily from the root of version folder (in this case by running regression_1_9_16_X.tBasicU)
    -- it performs automatic test discovery, so just adding files to tests folder following the tests_<module>_<feature>.tBasicU pattern is enough.

Try to run, it will show problems with Array Extract and Contains I recently discovered + 1 more.

This way it will be easier to check we did not break anything in future + allows users who want to join to get creative and broaden the regression set.

Petr
    I need to have some rest and put my head a little bit more concentrated on this.
    Give me some day to check it, in the meantime please go on.
    I will check examples and fix in the meantime.

Eros

Eros,

Simple rules:

Petr
    Petr,

I've put my single neuron into the matter of Unit Testing
    I got it in the general form and I'm with you in creating such a units.
    Not so easy to maintain and to develop all cases but you are right, we need to go on in this way.

In the meantime ...
    I've fixed ARRAY EXTRACT ... Contains ... found in Unit testing
    I will release 1.9.16.3 by tomorrow I hope.
    Last edited by ErosOlmi; 10-11-2015 at 23:27.

Updated to 1.9.16.3
    See first post in this thread

Some bug fixed:
    • Array Extract
    • Stop
    • thinAir User Help menu

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.