Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IE vs Firefox

Hehe,

I am tired from work, sorry, here comes the working version

Petr
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Petr Schreiber; 24-04-2015 at 22:36.
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Petr,

I hope you do not consider it a waste of time on this thread. Well, you're half way there. Your new version works fine on the enumerations page, if I save the page as "page only." If I run on the "complete page" save, it, again, saves the file with gibberish. But, in addition to that, before it save each snippet, a popup window with page's coded text (php, whatever) is displayed with and "Ok" and "Cancel." If you click "Ok", it will save the snippet, and the do the same for the next. But, as I indicate, they're save with the gibberish. I hope that makes sense.

I know, everyone probably thanks I should go on to something more important.

Bill

Hi Bilbo,

fixed the popups, but cannot replicate "gibberish" with this version on my side, I get valid output. I attached the files how my firefox 37.0.2 saves them (used for tests).

It is interesting task for me, so don't worry

Petr
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Petr,

I am glad you find the problem interesting. Well, at least we are using the same version of firefox, 37.0.2, but in comparison, there is difference in size of a saved page (see in the attached). On your two(2) files everything's fine. For mine, no more popups, but everything else is the same. I have attached my re-saved pages of enumerations, and the snippets created with the last bundle of you program. My pages end with a 2. The other two(2) are yours. I've used UltraEdit as an editor for years; I am going to compare both our pages in it.
    To prep you about the difference in size, my Complete2.htm is 122,806 bytes; your Complete.htm, 111,688 bytes. My JustPage2.htm is 92,424 bytes; your JustPage.htm, 105,479 bytes. There's something mine adds that causes the additional characters in the Complete snippets. I hope you're still interested.

Bill

Good morning Bilbo!,

I tried to open the snippets from your zip file... and there is no gibberish on my PC, just have a look at the screenshot.
    Can you try to open the snippets in notepad?

Petr
    Attached Images Attached Images

Petr,

I had not thought of what you did. You see, I've used Total Commander (TC) for years and I use its lister feature to view files; graphics, applications, text files, etc. I'll normally view a file before I use it. Also, I can copy text without having open the application. But I use UltraEdit for text editing. I opened the gibberish files in it and they are okay. But what gets me is that your files display okay in lister and mine do not. So, I suppose the matter is solved. The problem is TC's lister.

I sure thank you.

Bill

P.S. This is late, because your site went down on me when I was making this reply right after yours. It just now came up for me. I'm surprised there nothing on the site about it.
    Last edited by Billbo; 27-04-2015 at 17:07.

Hey all,

Here's what I found today. Using IE I saved the page of Rene's new thread. Displayed it offline and lines were on top of each other. Not the whole page, but in places.

I saved it using firefox. Offline I copied some of the code into my Word 2007 and saved as text. There was gibberish at the being of the lines. I saved the same in my Atlantis Word Processor as text and everything was great. This is getting crazy!!

Bill

P.S. I forgot to mention in my posts, I save the pages in the mht Web Archive format.
    Last edited by Billbo; 07-05-2015 at 13:33.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12