Thread: Is there a need for a new thinBasic-specific "idea" forum?

Is there a need for a new thinBasic-specific "idea" forum?

Some of you may have noticed I have been posting a bunch of "blue sky" ideas on the Support forum. Well, I can see that that isn't exactly the right place for it, not in all cases anyway.

However, some of the other 'general' forums seem TOO general. The Shout Box area seems totally off-topic, which is fine if that's what you want, but it wasn't what I had in mind.

What I'd like to see is a section where completely blue-sky, "stratospheric" speculation, theories and proposals can be discussed, BUT they are about thinBasic - and not about any random topic.

Could someone create a new forum where these kinds of thinBasic ideas could be 'kicked around' ? If the ideas are good enough, eventually they might migrate to Support or Proposed Features or whatever.

If you want a funny name, then if "thin" Basic started as a minimal Basic (but expanded over time) and you wanted a place where "big" ideas could be "chewed on" and discussed, how about phatBasic? Funny, eh? But, it would be a place to "think big" and have fun, so why not a funny name?

thinBasic MVPs
    I think a good place for growing specific ideas before asking for a new feature is the forums area to the modules. Most of your latest ideas seemed to fit into core-module-section there. Or thinBasic-general, but could also fit into Developement in the broader sense...or just discuss in shoutbox-section whatever you want. If an idea is a good one it'll sooner or later end up as a new tB-feature - even without requesting it in support...
    I think there are missing some Forum-sections as beta-testing and support

he he

I like "think ... thinBasic ... Big"
    Or use current "thinBasic vaporware" forum
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

quatras9,

I just saw your posts and replies with ReneMiner in support area and now I understand what you was referring: http://www.thinbasic.com/community/project.php
    I can agree with you that discussing into support area is not so "nice" and "engaging" like in main forum.

Maybe a new specific forum like you suggested or the main thinBasic General at http://www.thinbasic.com/community/f...play.php?f=198

I'm just thinking what is best to do.
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Ok, I decided to rename an old forum not recently used into a "Suggestions/Ideas discussion" forum
    See http://www.thinbasic.com/community/f...play.php?f=319
    under thinBasic General

Hope this is ok.