Thread: Loading data into MLGrid Control

Loading data into MLGrid Control

I am new to thinbasic and am still evaluating its functionality as to suitability for my purposes.

I am wanting to find out if the only way of loading data into the MLgrid is by using the MLGrid_Put command?

Elsewhere on this forum i saw an example which parsed the FILE_Load(FileName) command to load data into an array.
    Can this be used to load the underlying array of the ML Grid?

Hi RADRAD,

welcome to thinBasic community forum.

Yes, actually the only way to insert data into a MLGrid is using MLGrid_Put function.
    But if there is an interest, I can develop other ways, for example using arrays/bulk cells filling.
    If you can give a little more details I will see if I can develop some new general purpose functions on loading data.

Ciao
    Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Greets Eros,

If I might offer a couple of thought/examples? My work has slowed some, due to health matters, but I'm trying to get things going again. And working with MLGrid would be a part of my efforts.

Since I deal with elevation data and that data is formatted in a row/column manner, it's suited for work in MLGrid. But the data is dynamic in size and can come from 1 to 4 files, so I would be filling an array first. Once that array is filled, it would be nice to have a simplified call to MLGrid that would size it's array and populate the data. Something like MLGrid_Grab, which would be fed the array name and would recognize the array dimensions and I should correctly (?) refer to the array as a matrix, since it's multi-dimensional, then once MLGrid is sized all the matrix's data is read and placed into MLGrid. Then going back the other way, once I am through working the data in MLGrid, having a MLGrid_Store to move the contents back into the matrix.

As I understand the workings now, I would have nested loops going into MLGrid and back out of MLGrid to accomplish the transfer of data. That's OK, except when my loops get out of whack and I spend time fixing my boo-boo's.

If I can get the "most important" sub-routine to work, then I can develop the tools that will be using MLGrid. And there will almost certainly be a whole lot of questions when I get to that point!

Thanks,

Lance

Thanks Lance,

I think I can do something on this side.

Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000