Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: thinBasic Beta 1.9.6.0

thinBasic Beta 1.9.6.0

thinBasic Beta 1.9.6.0

Download from: http://www.thinbasic.biz/projects/th...ic_1.9.6.0.zip

This is a real Beta in the sense there is a lot of new features all (more or less) to be finished and fully documented.
    So, please use this version only for testing and not for real production scripts.

Have a look and please report any impression/problem/likes always remembering it is a beta!!!!!

This is an emergency update over thinBasic Beta 1.9.5.0

Fixed some bugs
    Added latest TBGL module from Petr Schreiber

Known bugs:
    among others (I hope not so many) I know there is a bug in this version when creating bundled exe. Some process can sometimes fail due to incorrect TOC inside Exe. I'm working on solving this problem asap.

Ciao.
    Eros
    Last edited by ErosOlmi; 05-05-2013 at 21:01.
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Eros: I've only done a very quick test, nothing exhaustive, but it seems to have cleared up my reported problem nicely. Thank you so much for working out this fix. I well know what a pain it can be to chase and fix bugs in old releases that you'd like to keep frozen while you work on your next 'real' release. This is much appreciated.

If anything turns up in further testing, I'll get back to you.

George

Great.

To be able to test embedding features, thinBasic Core Engine is now included into thinAir editor as scripting engine, more or less like you are doing with your SPFLite editor.
    This will allow me to fully test thinCore as scripting language and, in future releases, to add scripting features to thinAir editor.

Ciao
    Eros
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Eros: Sounds good for thinAir. So far, my experience with using thinBasic in embedded mode has been excellent. It has worked flawlessly (other than this little USES problem) and creating the private functions to interface with SPFLite has been so simple it's hard to believe. Yes, SPFLite is written in PowerBasic which makes this so easy, but your basic design for all this has stood up very well, you are to be congratulated.

George

Eros,

I am curious. Here we are at 1.9.6.0 Beta, and the latest stable version is 1.8.9.0. How does
    it make you feel that number six(6) on the "Most Viewed Threads" list is thinBasic beta 1.7.10.0?
    You know something, I'll just consider the list as outdated.

Bill
    Last edited by Billbo; 06-05-2013 at 00:36.

because that version remained a lot the current version.
    So many users opened it and forum counters ... counted. If you look at that thread you will see it has 15 pages of posts.
    Last edited by ErosOlmi; 06-05-2013 at 00:52.

Eros,

I understand. By "a lot," you mean "a long time." Oh, and I'm not making
    any fun of your English. Hell, you're Italian, Petr is Chezh, I'm American
    and both of you explain things in my language better than I can. BTW.
    I've been to Italy three times. Once in '67 and twice in '70. I was Air
    Force.

Keep up the great work.

Bill

Yes, correct
    Version 1.7.10 remained current version for a long time.

Well, I would like my English to be much better but it would require to use it on a daily basis. Unfortunately in my current job I do not use English at all since 10 years.
    I use English for supporting thinBasic, when using the web and reading technical books (which I buy only in English).

thinBasic MVPs
    I have to admit- I was nosy and checked out Help\What's new... There I found some interesting remark: First usage of thinAir Core engine as scripting engine for thinAir. In future versions this will allow thinAir to be scriptable.
    Because I could not find any further explanation in the help, I went to discover via Explorer into the depth of thinBasic-subfolders and what shall I tell- in thinBasic\thinAir-subfolder there is a scripting-subfolder too. In there I found some "Test_000.tBasic" with some few unbold keywords and trying to run results in "RUNTIMEERROR 0"...so this cannot be it...
    Is there anything of this "scriptability" already available to try out? Will it allow to process text as if it was code? Or is it just the roots inside with no further functions for now?
    I think there are missing some Forum-sections as beta-testing and support

Hi Renč,

You are a great discovery man.

No, I'm sorry, this is not the dynamic text code execution functionality you was waiting, but I'm working on that and in future beta updates you will start to see something.

What I started to add into thinAir is the ability to script/automate thinAir using thinBasic Core engine.
    For the moment is just a small start whose target is to verify this possibility and solve top problems.

To test a script working from inside thinAir, open the script you mentioned above an than right click on its Tab and choose "execute as scripting ..." (Or something like that, I'm traveling to work right now and I do not remember exact menu text). The script will be loaded and executed from inside thinAir allowing thinAir to add new functionality on the fly (the new undocumented functions whose name start with thinAir_ ...)

More info in next update.

Ciao
    Eros

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast