Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: TBGL-3d-Editor [Announcement]

thinBasic MVPs
    V 1.03b out now - as usual download here or from first post (same attachement).

Latest Changes: fixed the bug above of course

new feature (replaces the never published terrain-editing for now and maybe forever): move vertices
    How to:
    CTRL + leftclick any vertex to activate it, point coordinate-boxes and use CTRL + mousewheel to move the vertex as desired.

new function
    create mirror from any existing triangle(s) via Group dialog\rightclick members-list

(mentioning Terrain, @Petr - I edited two posts above to have it all in one here.)
    Edit: Attachement removed, check out first post of this thread for latest version
    Last edited by ReneMiner; 29-04-2013 at 10:34.
    I think there are missing some Forum-sections as beta-testing and support

thinBasic MVPs
    John,
    my goal with this editor is to create a tool which enables me to create the next tool on top of this - let's call it the "THE BONER" - which is not - as someone might think, something dirty- but a tool that attaches the meshgroups that are cretead with this current tool to some bones which allow to create some animation. (I'm getting one by thinking of it )
    And why I use some interpreter? I don't care how it's called -interpreter, language or whatever - the important is: it does what I want it to do and I think it's made to use it.
    ...it almost does -ok, but since it's not a dead language it can grow to be much more - it has good roots and an incredible amount of possibilities - as you see- I did'nt invent something new: it was all in there already, you just got to call it.
    I use tB since last year october, so... think about it. Can it be any easier? It's the perfect language for my kind of.
    Last edited by ReneMiner; 22-04-2013 at 19:53.

thinBasic MVPs
    Of course 3d!

to add some reason to this post: Here you'll find latest version
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ReneMiner; 22-04-2013 at 20:51.

John,

I know you are manager, but you seem to try managing groups not falling under your command

We are human beings, we have brains, and we know why we are doing what we are doing. I understand our tools might not be what you would use, but I see no point stressing it each second post.

Petr
    Last edited by Petr Schreiber; 23-04-2013 at 08:41.
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

thinBasic MVPs
    Why should we? We all have some OS on our pc's. I don't think anybody here is up to create something that already exists - that would be boring - it's more about breaking down limits and finding new ways to realize the impossible.

And I'm not doing any "work" here. At first I do it because it's fun to me. And I am using the language - or "Interpreter" as you'd call it, because I'm not a developer - but a user that uses thinBasic, because all the other languages out there are way too complicated for such small brains as mine.

Did I do something wrong? Is forbidden to use built-in methods without asking before? Is tB only allowed to use for serious projects and not for fun nor to play with?

What I just ask myself: Why would anyone who is not interested in using 3d, TBGL nor in a "work-in-progress-interpreter" post into a thread which is about all that?

I discovered this morning that I obviously can do real magic!
    I went to bed last night with some itchy behind - and when I woke up I had a smelly stinking finger
    Last edited by ReneMiner; 23-04-2013 at 10:59.

John, if your continuous notes about interpreted nature relate somehow to the need of large amount of data to be processed, it would be nice if you checked how program works first. You would see how elegantly Rene managed to handle this possible bottleneck by using display lists technology, which allows rendering at full speed by offloading the iterative workload to GPU.

It should not surprise you even the best compilers do not have enough horse power to perform such a task by brute force, because it would become very soon function call bound. This is why techniques such as vertex arrays or display lists evolved in 3D APIs.

3D graphics of today have a very little to do with raw performance of languages they are used from. It is all about data paralelism of the hardware it runs on.

Petr
    Last edited by Petr Schreiber; 23-04-2013 at 10:07.
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

thinBasic MVPs
    ' Minimal Requirements:

' OS         Windows XP SP2

' Graphics   OpenGL-Hardware-Support
    '            64 MB       (higher recommended)
    '            1024*768*16 (higher recommended) 

' Mouse + Keyboard    

' uses latest version:
    #MINVERSION 1.9.5.0

Hi John,

the minimal requirement for TBGL is OpenGL 1.1 implementation (does not matter if software or hardware).

There is code to use OpenGL 2.x and 3.x internally, but it is dynamically binded. When no support in hardware, TBGL falls back to safer implementation using older technique. It is adaptive.

Each release of TBGL is tested on Windows XP, Vista, 7 and now even the new Windows 8. There is no feature preventing it from being used on older OSes. My grandfather used it on PC with Windows 98, I used it long time on PC with Windows ME (which got upgraded to XP some years ago).

Petr

P.S. Pages of OxygenBASIC are blocked by ESET NOD32 antivirus as dangerous, I have contacted the support for more information about the issue
    EDIT
    ESET confirmed it was false positive and next update will address this issue.
    Last edited by Petr Schreiber; 24-04-2013 at 10:24.

hi rene, where I can download latest version of your tbgl 3d editor? looks like interesting stuff and might be a lot of work. because that was very time intensive beside my job to create similar tbgl work I stopped last year with my creations

second: john why are you not looking for another forum or place where you can nerve people or brown-nosed to user they are really creative and not bother or blame other people? Or have you ever written one example, only one project with thinbasic or tbgl? what's your sensefully task here at the board? to give links to a dead basic language you are supporting (scriptbasic)? in my school and university time there were a lot of place-hunter and it was always funny to see what happened to them all after ending their carreers in jobs or private with family.

bye, largo
    Last edited by largo_winch; 25-04-2013 at 19:58.

thinBasic MVPs
    Hi Largo, I suggets refer to first post of this thread to get latest (official) version of this Editor. There is not .exe available here - and the next update will take a while - sorry- but we all aren't magicians and have some other obligations also. But if you're really interested or want to participate somehow (might be "just" ideas) post here (or write PM).

Posting here any nonsense does not bother anybody as you see- so no fear- go ahead - all opinions are welcome because we learn to see the world with different eyes- harrgh! Just ignore what you don't like...

and John, please do me some favour (who am I to demand that?)
    Scroll all the page up, click on "BLOG" - there's enough space to type all in you want- and you can discuss anything there but please, please, please - try to keep on topic here and don't always ballyhoo for... you know...
    Last edited by ReneMiner; 25-04-2013 at 20:48.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast