Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: TBGL-3d-Editor [Announcement]

thinBasic MVPs

TBGL-3d-Editor [Beta]

Already early Beta-Stage and not far from release - await my 3d-Editor for TBGL.

some snoop-in preview here now
    thinBasic source minversion 1.9.6.0 because uses latest features
    Minimal OS WinXP SP2, large Screen recommended - should be at least 1024*768

This is property of thinBasic-community now. Personal use or use for free thinBasic-Project ist explicitely allowed.
    Commercial use is not allowed without permission and will only be given in exceptional cases.

See page 2 of this thread for conditions...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ReneMiner; 29-04-2013 at 11:54.
    I think there are missing some Forum-sections as beta-testing and support

Hi ReneMiner,

Taking on a 3d editor, seems to me, a life-times work. I would not know where to begin. But I have some technology you might be interested in. It is a scrollable edit box, using only OpenGl. For the purposes of editing, all the characters have to be scalable pickable 3d objects. I think it would work well in the thinBasic environment, if this is your chosen platform.

thinBasic MVPs
    I'm happy about some mature reply here.

No- it's not a lifetimes work. To be honest, the "real" 3d-stuff currently makes just 60kB because - most of my written program-part is just the GUI ~300kB - but that's all done for users comfort and easy editing, of course there are a few includes, so I have one for Color-Palette, Tools, TBGL-Specifics, File I/O which is in part from a textures handler written by other people - biggest part is FreeImage.dll - so it's maybe 1 MB of mine. Of course not written in one day nor one month...

Yes, I like using TB, so this is my platform. Syntax is clear and easy to understand, it's still improving and alive - I've not found any better yet.
    There might be other languages as C/+/++/# that are faster in execution speed - but I don't like all those brackets, commas, semicolons which makes it an unreadable book to me. So I am straight basic user since atari 800xl and I'm stuck to basic.

Now how do I have to imagine an "Edit-Box" - is it like some UI-Control/a window? Or some scene-manager or mesh-composer? what's its purpose?
    Last edited by ReneMiner; 13-04-2013 at 15:38.

It is part of a looong project to provide OxygenBaic with a platform-independent IDE, with few dependencies other than OpenGl, and something akin to FreeImage/GDI+ for image handling.

OxygenBasic is packaged as a module of ThinBasic, primarily to provide Assembly code and JIt compiler services for computational hot-spots. It can read Petr's TBGL headers and work cooperatively with TBGL.

I am currently testing a long-overdue update.

As the thread as entered direction of personal attacks, I have unapproved the angry & offtopic posts.

Thanks Charles to for keeping on topic

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

thinBasic MVPs
    OK, here just for your pleasure - some test-version to celebrate the day.

Not the source-code though, but a working example - no fear there's nothing bad inside - I would never waste my time into this direction.

I will replace it later with full source code when I have some fast loading routine to use the data in thinBasic.
    Currently it just saves to Txt-File which you can copy & paste into your thinBasic-(TBGL)-scripts, saves also to it's own format to work with, loads obj + m15 and saves obj. To save M15 you'll have to save as obj and use Petr's OBJ2M15-Converter

Terrain is undone so I took this part completely out - the GUI I intend to seperate since it's very common and can be used in a lot of other apps. So has it's own windows inside (independend from OS) and a lot of funny features at the controls also. Try out, let me know if something interests you or if strange stuff as crashes happens.

The Bugatti-mesh as in screen at first post is about 90MB so - not included. (anyway would be a violation of copyrights to ship this)

Edit: Attachemant removed. Refer to first post of this thread to get the source code.
    Last edited by ReneMiner; 15-04-2013 at 19:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Petr Schreiber View Post
    As the thread as entered direction of personal attacks, I have unapproved the angry & offtopic posts.
    Thanks Charles to for keeping on topic

Petr
    Thanks a lot Petr for moderating.
    I was in bed for 2 days and I had no opportunity to act.
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Rene,

your application is astonishing.

Eros
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Good work Rene...
    And don't listen anyone stupid observation

thinBasic MVPs
    I'm happy someone likes it. As long as it's incomplete I won't publish sourcecode here open in forum - it's no good example for the masses to study from some unfinished works.
    But however- if anyone is interested - I won't keep it a secret, just send me a sign to get the code - I'll pump it over

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast