Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TBGL_TextureRepeatMode

hey i made a song...

no more freeware little John
    take your nerves and so on
    no more open source
    sharing code is such a sauce

thinBasic MVPs
    At least I found a possible cause for that behaviour because I remember what I did change in my script...and I think there are few people who won't like this...

The screenshots show almost the same but- the first is different: Texture-preview was shown on a sprite, in the second screenshot the texture preview is just 2 raw triangular faces and 4 vertices.
    I changed it from sprite because I discovered that it's impossible mixing 2d-sprites and textured stuff in 3d. In the first place it works - but as soon as one has a texture on some mesh displayed in scene the sprites go crazy and ALL sprites show the SAME texture but not the one that they're supposed to show - they just show same texture as the last created object in 3d has applied. All of them.

No matter what I do- even load another sprite, destroy it or set another texture to it: that gets ignored - the sprites show what they want to but not what they're supposed to. So that's the reason why I took all the sprites out of my script.
    And that's all I changed about that - and now TextureRepeatMode does what it should
    I think there are missing some Forum-sections as beta-testing and support

Hi Rene,

my apologies for late reply, I am still a bit ill so I avoid the PC to prevent my eyeballs from exploding.

I am happy you found the solution and look forward to the final version! It is true Sprites have a bit special handling, it didn't occur to me they were used in this case.

Petr
    Last edited by Petr Schreiber; 31-03-2013 at 10:44.
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

thinBasic MVPs
    Thanks for reply at all - I think it's great and unusually positive that developers actually care that much about their users - in many other cases one has to wait at least one week until one knows if one gets an answer at all.

Quote Originally Posted by John Spikowski View Post
    It's a toss up which is more entertaining, Rene's ego or his unrealistic expectations.
    I expect to create what I imagine. And I think I know what I can realize now. And I know that I'll discover more possibilities in thinBasic every day - so that will make my expectations grow as my imagination grows.

It does not help anybody if brown-nosed comments are made, neither will anybody learn something about TextureRepeatMode from your posts - so you might open a thread in the shoutbox-area to release your opinions. I think there's some reason why you're banned from so many forums - but I guess it's a challenge to tolerate some uncomfy opinions too, because it raises the bar. We like challenges - even though - does not mean that we like what we tolerate.
    I think there are missing some Forum-sections as beta-testing and support

Here is a replacement avatar for you. The hope is that more visitors to the forum will read your posts with the anticipation of some humor value.

ScriptBasic Project Manager
    Project Site
    support@scriptbasic.org

Quote Originally Posted by ReneMiner View Post
    I think there's some reason why you're banned from so many forums - but I guess it's a challenge to tolerate some uncomfy opinions too, because it raises the bar. We like challenges - even though - does not mean that we like what we tolerate.
    Correct: it is a challenge.
    www.thinbasic.com | www.thinbasic.com/community/ | help.thinbasic.com
    Windows 10 Pro for Workstations 64bit - 32 GB - Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-10855M CPU @ 2.80GHz - NVIDIA Quadro RTX 3000

Quote Originally Posted by ErosOlmi View Post
    Correct: it is a challenge.
    Somebody has to stand up to user abuse. Rene's project isn't a gold standard all languages must conform to. He needs to find someone else to blame for all his self inflected problems. He should stick with commercial languages with his ego. At least their getting paid to put up with his crap.
    ScriptBasic Project Manager
    Project Site
    support@scriptbasic.org

I would like to wish happy easter to the contributors and I am closing the thread, because the original issue is solved and we are getting way off topic. Feel free to open new thread for polite discussions.

Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.