Thread: image button control exists?

image button control exists + transparence ?

http://www.thinbasic.com/community/s...8057#post88057

a) next simple question if there's a chance with current thinbasic beta issue how to set a "picture (image)" on a button control. is there's any way for it? I have to create an image list for it? any example or link or info here at the board?

b) according to an example from ui folder/canvas/ with LIVEIMAGE or Imagebackground (the timer example with the cat and green and red point on gui) I have another question how to set the background for an image to "transparent" ? the image background for that example is a simple string (sImagebackground) and is setting by a usual canvas control. But if I move a picture over another one there are pixel artefacts (streams). I think it belongs to the background that should have same color as my font example has shown with foreground/background rgb's. but an image by loading from a string has no foreground/background colour nor the canvas control I suppose I have to change clear canvas color(rgb(a,b,c),rgb(a,b,c) for it. but how?

bye, largo
    Last edited by largo_winch; 01-03-2013 at 12:35.

Hi Largo,

there is such a control - it is called XPButton and there are examples for it in /thinBasic/SampleScripts/UI/XPButton/.

But it seems the example does not work with ThinBASIC 1.9.3.0, I have made a report so Eros can have a look at the issue.

I am sorry, please stay tuned!

Petr

P.S. Maybe you could use Toolbar in the meanwhile
    Last edited by Petr Schreiber; 01-03-2013 at 12:33.
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

thanks petr, can you have please a look at my second part of question "b)"

Hi Largo,

the drawing of masked images is handled by RenderImageToExistingCanvasWithMaskedColor ( ) function in the live_image.tBasic example.
    It works on simple principle - it makes all pixels of specified color transparent.

Do you think you could attach script demonstrating the problems you observe? I am not sure I understand the explanation fully.

Thanks,
    Petr
    Learn 3D graphics with ThinBASIC, learn TBGL!
    Windows 10 64bit - Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.1GHz - 16 GB RAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB