Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: thinBASIC IUP

thinBasic MVPs
    As I wrote - in the zip I don't find any file of use for thinBasic, there's no .dll-file but just 235 *.h-files, and 480 *.c-files, about 200 *.vcxproj's a couple of *.lua and *.def and *.manifests - I have no idea how to compile that nor do I have tools such as a C-compiler

Edit: @James
    So multiplatform includes windows. That's all we need. If it has more? Fine with me...does not bother
    Last edited by ReneMiner; 08-03-2013 at 13:57.
    I think there are missing some Forum-sections as beta-testing and support

Why would anyone even want to use IUP with ThinBasic a Windows only interpreter?
    The appeal of IUP is it's multi-platform libraries?

James

thinBasic MVPs
    So where can I get the right zip? On their site links everything to the same download on this site- that's the one I have - and I can't find any other IUP (except Indiana University of Pennsylvania etc.)

thinBasic MVPs
    thnaks, I would never have found this without your help.

Now I'm playing around with it and I would like to checkout for the Layout-Design-Stuff (your example on previous page of this thread) - so I collected all Declare's from all code-examples but I don't get all threads about iup together since forum search complains to need more than just 3 letters to search for.

So how about some "Iup-Declarations-Names-Library-File" where one can just copy & paste the needed Declare-Statements from or could include whole file?
    Is there already one available?

So all Declarations will have the same name in all thinBasic-scripts and follow one standard. It's surely confusing if one uses "thinOpen()" and another uses "iupOpen()" for the same thing.

IUP Lua Programmer needs help understanding IUP

RE: Is there anyone using IUP in Thinbasic?

I'm using IUP in Lua. I know this is a TB forum, but for the life of me I can't understand how such a great and easy to use library has such completely inpenetrable docs. Apart from the very few samples included in the IUP package, you're pretty much on you own. There's a very nice manual thats makes no sense what-so-ever. Perhaps I need to be Portugese. (Strange since 'Programming in Lua' is so very clear)

Lately I've been trolling about in Perl and TB forums trying to glean how to make things work in Lua. Which is crazy.

So John, if you have it your heart to help a thoroughly confused lua programmer understand the iup manual:

I'm a delphi refugee trying to rewrite a delphi database app in lua, so I can make it cross-platform as well as be assured it will actually run in Win7, Win8, or Win whatever.

1. How do I highlight the current row of a iupMatrix when I click on it?
    2. How do I add/delete rows to the matrix when I add/delete rows to the database?
    3. If I have to do refresh the data shown? Can I re-query from a db to a data_array and then refresh the matrix, or do I have to close the matrix and rebuild it?
    4. Can I get incremental searching on a combobox (past the first character)?

Do you have better docs than the stuff that comes with iup?

Thanks.
    Marc

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Members who have read this thread: 1