Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: something that could become a 3d-editor

thinBasic MVPs
    It's the time I abandon another attempt.
    The reasons:

I want to create a game in 3d.

But in order to program the game I imagine, I need some mesh-modelling-software that is as flexible as possible, so I can change meshes vertices and textures during runtimes. And I'm not interested in learning the use of such things as Blender nor 3dsMax since it will take me two years to study before I get something drawn on will.

Now my restrictions are, I would like to use the built-In m15-Format since TBGL has all functionalities built-in for them - but it lacks of some easy-to-use editor and the materials are not part of the m15-mesh. That missing material I could handle with some additional materials-file that apply to the layers, won't be the big problem though...

So I feel like somebody, who wants to use some images, but has to write a fully functional commercial quality drawing-software first, in order to create something that I can display on screen.

A look back at my DL-Tinker: it's already too complicated in handling - there's too many keys and commands to remember and it doesn't support textures nor materials. All the basic 3d-drawing-functions (except texturing/materials handling) I have already inside DL-Tinker-script, so I won't have to re-invent it all and I felt like creating a new mesh-editor that is very easy to operate even to beginners. The above posted attempt was to complicated too and I went back to use the full window/screen to create an easy mesh-editor.

How easy? Check out the attached download. Even a 6-year-old should be able to use it. Any user should instantly be able to create stuff in 3d without any further explanation.

So I started to write this one, but somehow I got the feeling I don't get any step forward and originally I have a game in mind- not an editor that takes 6 months or more until I can start drawing some meshes for the game that I want to create... passion is fading out currently...

The only things you need to control it, is your mouse + the shift-key to control the camera.
    Alternatively you can use the keyboard...
    There's no mesh-editing yet - just some sprite+2d-gui (which is still expandable with new controls) and some movement+positioning in 3d-Space.

Maybe someone get's the idea...

Edit: File removed. No good idea to use sprites and textured objects in 3d...
    Last edited by ReneMiner; 14-04-2013 at 17:02.
    I think there are missing some Forum-sections as beta-testing and support

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12